Thread: Control IC-745?

Control IC-745?

Hello guys and gals. Please bear with me here as I know what I知 hoping to do - I just don稚 know the proper lingo to determine if it can be done.
    I have a Icom Ic-745 that I would like to control with ham radio deluxe. By control, I mean bring my current freq from the radio to HRD when logging a contact. I think this is called rig control. Or CAT? I知 not asking for a digital interface for working digital. In addition, I知 only looking to pull the freq (mode would be nice). Is this possible?

Ah, the '745. I have one in Ye Olde Stash.

The problem is that there's no interface to the rig's CPU to allow it to be controlled externally. The 720 implemented a rudimentary method of doing this whereby it could be slaved to an R-70, the 751 allowed direct CI-V control with a PC - and the 745 was released sans the required circuitry.

I looked into modding mine once upon a time to allow an EX-7072 to control the rig, as it can a 720. May have to revisit that notion...
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Here is a site for controlling the 720A (I have one as well) : http://www.hayseed.net/~jpk5lad/IC-7...0Interface.htm
    It may give some help.
    I thought religions were prophet based organizations.
    What do you mean I am out of money? I still have checks!
    Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Thanks guys for the answers! I'm glad there is a solution but I'm not handy enough to build my own. Thanks again thou for the links.

Yea, CAT control was not an option back in the day.

I have a number of old Ten Tecs that won't do it.

Unless they get a DDS brain transplant.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman