Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nasty Flu ??

Nasty Flu ??

I very rarely get sick with colds or flu. In fact during some of the worst cold & flu years I didn't get the flu even after being exposed to people with it. This year was an exception to the "no flu rule". The week before last I was out Friday morning and feeling strong and good. By the time I got home later in the day my eyes were burning and tearing, my throat was scratchy and I was starting to sneeze and cough. Within a few hours later I had a full blown flu complete with body aches, fever, chills, headache,Coughing was extremely painful as everything ached and hurt like hell. Now my fever is gone but I still have leftover congestion and a nasty cough and I am still feeling fatigued. This thing really knocked the wind out of me and for several days relegated me to sitting still, dozing off and watching old episodes of Rocky and Bullwinkle. For some strange reason I always gravitate to watching Rocky and Bullwinkle when I am in the midst of bad colds and flu's.

Has anyone else experienced bouts of the flu this year. Has anyone heard that there is a bad flu strain going around. I was under the impression that this wasn't a particularly bad year for the flu.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

There is a strain going round that is not completely covered by the multi shot most of us got. It's pretty nasty and especially hard on older folks or those with compromised immune systems. I've dodged that one but I did have a bad bout of bronchitis this past week.

Glad you are pulling out of it, stay well.
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

I don't know what I got was a very strange flu... spent the majority of the week with the sniffles... then Friday the 17th *bam* for hit like a frieght train. Had the fatigue of the flue, slight sore throat, fever, runny nose. But was not as symptomatic as other flues I've had. Was just as bad from the fatigue and fever standpoint. But the symptoms were mild.

Thankfully THAT is over. Yuck...
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Actually a few days before this came on I noticed one corner of one of my eyes was red, sort of like when you get a ruptured blood vessel. I also noticed I was sneezing now and then which is also very unusual...I hardly ever sneeze. Then it hit me hard with the fevers, chills, aches and pains. Now that's over but now comes the really annoying part, dealing with the residual congestion wheezing and coughing. From past experiences whenever I get these flu's the coughing fits last for many weeks afterward.

BTW Friday the 17th was about when it really hit me also.
    Last edited by n2ize; 02-26-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Actually a few days before this came on I noticed one corner of one of my eyes was red, sort of like when you get a ruptured blood vessel. I also noticed I was sneezing now and then which is also very unusual...I hardly ever sneeze. Then it hit me hard with the fevers, chills, aches and pains. Now that's over but now comes the really annoying part, dealing with the residual congestion wheezing and coughing. From past experiences whenever I get these flu's the coughing fits last for many weeks afterward.

BTW Friday the 17th was about when it really hit me also.
    And this happened a few days after my eye surgery... eeek....

What a week.

Damned glad you feel better. I do too.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Yeah, but I do miss watching Rocky and Bullwinkle. :)

I had it week before last. was home from work all week. :(
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Weird how the flu gets people all across the country nearly simultaneously......

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Weird how the flu gets people all across the country nearly simultaneously......
    Chemtrails. Just ask anyone in Asheville.

There's a flu epidemic here as well.
    Since i get my free flu jabs ( age and heart) i never had the flu again, i know it's no guarantee though.
    Just had a business fair and so in contact with a gazillion peeps, in a hot hall, then outside to do a few things where it was 3 degrees freezing and lots of wind.
    Still feeling fine, the fair ended 8 days ago.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution