Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Future of Amateur Radio

I still have a few 11M rigs around. All my motorcycles are equipped with an AM-only transceiver and the shack features a rotating arrangement of Stoner or CPI gear. There are a number of Royce and Cobra rigs which are going to be re-homed as I downsize a bit.

That said, CB has its followers in these parts. Not like the boom days of the late 70s but there's enough activity to scare up a conversation if one were so inclined.

Most of the newly minted, local hams don't come from those ranks. They're more from the public service/public safety sector.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

9/11 coat tail riders? We still have those.
    A couple of years ago I suggested that during downtown festivals where drinking is allowed in the streets that they should perch themselves on rooftops with their radios and binoculars to look for drunks and radio their positions to police if they see them entering their cars. One guy agreed and wanted them all to have guns too. You know, just in case ...

In recent years the city has turned a blind eye to the drunks they sponsor at these festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    <snip>That said, CB has its followers in these parts. Not like the boom days of the late 70s but there's enough activity to scare up a conversation if one were so inclined.<snip>
    Portland Oregon/Vancouver Washington is the same. Not so much out here I think...

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful