Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Users

Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    Hey, you guys hired these people....

Things like this kill me. Complete idiots get these great paying jobs yet someone with ACTUAL skills (like ME) have to fend with scraps. *&%@$#^&$(@!@^#%#%!^@^#%$$^^&^!!@^$&!!!
    That describes 95% of federal mukmuks!
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    Wow Ron.

I dunno, maybe it would be good to keep the resume updated in case these people sink the company?
    At this point in my life & career?

Nah.

But I am going to increase the 401K contributions..
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    At this point in my life & career?

Nah.

But I am going to increase the 401K contributions..
    That's a wise thing to do at any age. Most companies offer a 3% match, and I can not believe the number of people that don't take advantage of the free money. Every time we got a yearly raise I always just rolled it into the 401. I also had US Bonds taken out of all my checks from when I was 18 on to retirement, back when they paid between 4% to 7%. They draw even more interest once they mature. When I retired, that, and SS gave us what we needed to live on. We do have to be mindful so at some point we don't end up behind the eight ball. To that end, I've found that some sort of budget needs to be followed. The bonds are nice as many have matured but continue to gain interest until they are 20 years from issue date. This is our emergency fund. When something happens that we can't handle with regulars funds. So far so good.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    That's a wise thing to do at any age. Most companies offer a 3% match, and I can not believe the number of people that don't take advantage of the free money. Every time we got a yearly raise I always just rolled it into the 401. I also had US Bonds taken out of all my checks from when I was 18 on to retirement, back when they paid between 4% to 7%. They draw even more interest once they mature. When I retired, that, and SS gave us what we needed to live on. We do have to be mindful so at some point we don't end up behind the eight ball. To that end, I've found that some sort of budget needs to be followed. The bonds are nice as many have matured but continue to gain interest until they are 20 years from issue date. This is our emergency fund. When something happens that we can't handle with regulars funds. So far so good.
    Sound advice. Pretty much did the same thing here and it let me get out of the rat race early (in other words: worth it!).