Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling The Effects Of All The Years Piling Up

Feeling The Effects Of All The Years Piling Up

Little Miss Field Day turns 21 tomorrow.

I haven't felt this ancient since the day I turned 50. (And never mind when that was)

One more "milestone" like this, I'm going to have to get on 75 or 20 meters and start kvetching about my aches and pains. But at least I still have my gall bladder!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

My son turns 30 in July, i think i can see how you feel.....
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Mine will be 31 in August and I DON'T have my gall bladder.

I feel purty durn good. Things are going well here; I like WA, and I'm spending a lot more time doing radio.

It's interesting to note I used to be FAR more concerned about my mortality when I was a lot younger. Now I don't even think about it.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Little Miss Field Day turns 21 tomorrow.

I haven't felt this ancient since the day I turned 50. (And never mind when that was)

One more "milestone" like this, I'm going to have to get on 75 or 20 meters and start kvetching about my aches and pains. But at least I still have my gall bladder!
    I'm not as old as some of the guys in radio... but I've come to this conclusion....

The only answer to aging is the following:

Stay young until you end. Hope to die before you get old... in the head.... where it matters....
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

It didn't bother me when our boy (technically my stepson) turned 21. It bothered the Boss.

But this one is different.

You have to realize that my first wife decided she didn't want children. Before we were married, we'd talked about it, and she said she wanted to wait a few years until her career got going... after the fact, her attitude was "kids? I don't want kids! When did I ever say I'd want kids!?"

So as life turned out, LMFD will be my only biological child. Not that our son means any less to me, but to some degree, she is special.

And, he feels special too. His father also has remarried, and he has a brother & sister on that side of his family, but he is the only one with both of his parents. So don't think he gets left out. (Poor guy, both of his step parents, as it turns out, are Jewish, and both of his parents are Catholic. He really does get the guilt trip from all ends!)
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 2K!!

Well, LMFD did NOT go bar cruising after midnight.

The friend who was organizing the whole shindig was unavailable. Home, sick, in bed with pneumonia.

Perchance that's just as well...

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    I'm not as old as some of the guys in radio... but I've come to this conclusion....

The only answer to aging is the following:

Stay young until you end. Hope to die before you get old... in the head.... where it matters....
    Why the hell would one want to die in the bathroom? Unless the really looked flushed.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Why the hell would one want to die in the bathroom? Unless the really looked flushed.
    It's a republican gay dating thing...
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Say no more, please.

Bushtit
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL