Thread: The ARRL is shortsighted

The ARRL is shortsighted

The ARRL has praised new FCC Chair Ajit Pai for his support of HR 555, ignoring both Pai's opposition to the more important issue of net neutrality and his boss's (and, I assume, his own) desire/intention of eliminating the agency entirely.

http://www.arrl.org/news/view/new-fc...telecoms-bills
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I don't read it that way.

It's simply a news item about Pai and his support for the bill. His support was not just for HR 555 but for other (unnamed) related legislation as well.

I don't take that as praise of Pai. Just a statement of one of his positions. One that is important for us to be aware of.

... and I'm no fan of his, both for his stance on net neutrality, and because of the Hair's position vis a vis the FCC.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Just give it a minute. Cheeto will sign an executive order shutting down ham radio and auctioning off the spectrum.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Forum Addict
    The ARRL knows who butters its bread.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry