Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AT&T High Seas Station ... demolished

Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    I bet all the really good stuff went away years ago and all that's left is the junk
    Or remolish it in a smaller footprint as an AR station.

The salt marsh would make one helluva good reflector........

A few poles for a 160 loop (probably nvis at that band), set up an inverted L.....

Yeah. Could be good

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

You can see the site is overgrown with vegetation and it does look like what's left of the station is the wire of the antenna's and the support poles and masts and a few utility electrical supply cables for the transmitter building.I can't really tell from the photograph,but it seems the windows are missing from the building which could mean that the transmitters and whatever associated electrical equipment may have been gutted long ago.......another sad footnote in the history of marine HF shore to ship and ship to shore telephone communications.......... :(
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

And I would have got away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids.

Forum Addict
    Went the way of the Sterba curtains at the Greenville VOA site :(
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Gee. US F&WS. Former antenna farm now being used as a wildlife sanctuary.

Sad to say, why is anyone surprised? From what I've read, they've been itching to do this for a long time, and now they've diverted money from the Hurricane Sandy clean-up funds to do just that.

What a waste. There's absolutely no reason the two can't peacefully co-exist, but try telling that to F&WS.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Gee. US F&WS. Former antenna farm now being used as a wildlife sanctuary.

Sad to say, why is anyone surprised? From what I've read, they've been itching to do this for a long time, and now they've diverted money from the Hurricane Sandy clean-up funds to do just that.

What a waste. There's absolutely no reason the two can't peacefully co-exist, but try telling that to F&WS.
    I don't understand your post; we're talking about an abandoned radio station that's not doing anyone any good. If it had been maintained, the way KPH has, then your argument would make some sense but it hasn't--it's nothing more than an abandoned building and some posts.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.