Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All Dutch trains run on green energy now.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I'm happy for y'all over there, Cor. I suspect the only new train we'll make over here will be nuclear powered and built by the Navy.
    An Atomic Railroad !! Sounds great. We could even name the trains "Atom Smasher", "particle Accelerator", "Cyclotron", "Uranium", "radium", "plutonium", etc. You should suggest this idea to Trump. He might start building it the same day he is inaugurated and get Mexico to reimburse us for it.
    Last edited by n2ize; 01-11-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    An Atomic Railroad !! Sounds great. We could even name the trains "Atom Smasher", "particle Accelerator", "Cyclotron", "Uranium", "radium", "plutonium", etc. You should suggest this idea to Trump. He might start building it the same day he is inaugurated and get Mexico to reimburse us for it.
    You're closer to him.

We need a green train powered by URANUS.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    We need a green train powered by URANUS.
    Would that not be brown energy?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

... and Anacin. Do they still make Anacin?

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    You're closer to him.
    That's right... Trump is practically my neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    [FONT="]All Dutch trains have become 100% powered by electricity generated by wind energy, the national railway company NS has said .[/FONT]
    [FONT="]“Since 1 January, 100% of our trains are running on wind energy,” said NS spokesman, Ton Boon.

[/FONT]

[FONT="]Dutch electricity company Eneco won a tender offered by NS two years ago and the two companies signed a 10-year deal setting January 2018 as the date by which all NS trains should run on wind energy.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]“So we in fact reached our goal a year earlier than planned,” said Boon, adding that an increase in the number of wind farms across the country and off the coast of the Netherlands had helped NS achieve its aim.[/FONT]
    Eneco and NS said on a joint website that around 600,000 passengers daily are “the first in the world” to travel thanks to wind energy. NS operates about 5,500 train trips a day.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ind-powered-ns

Timely post Cor, I'll be visiting Amsterdam in the spring. I am very much looking forward to the trip.

Since your country has working public transport, any destinations I should visit using them?

Amsterdam is good, trains trams buses enough there to zoom you around.
    The usual things to do there museums have a good coffee there, eating, etc.
    Rotterdam is now rising up after Amsterdam as new tourist interest city, lots to see there as well.

Between Amsterdam and Rotterdam is the smaller city of Leiden, old inner city, many 13th to 15th century stuff to see as well museums, Their university mostly schooled our royalty.

Alkmaar for the cheese market, turist stuff, but still nice to see.
    http://www.planetware.com/tourist-at...erlands-nl.htm
    http://www.netherlands-tourism.com/t...timate-top-50/
    I'm living up North in the povince Friesland, lakes, canals, lots of boating around, not now, wintertime and next week we have a serious frost period, good for sprintime though.

Most peeps speak reasonable English, so making yourself understood will be no problem.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Those are some good ideas, thanks Cor.

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    I think we're having another look at coal fired locomotives...:roll:
    That's part of Trumps "Make America Great Again" plan. When all those coal mines and steel mills are reopened we'll all be running our trains and heating our homes with coal again. The coal delivery truck will once again be a common site as well as yellow-brown sulphur filled air from all the coal burning. I will be removing our new efficient gas furnace and replacing it with a turn of the century coal furnace. Trust me, it will be great. Trump makes the best deals in town.