Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is Great !!!

John,
    Investigate Copper vs MRSA. Keep the info for your future use if needed.

You may return to your regularly scheduled bickering programming.
    Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God

Doing good is like picking fresh blackberries - if it doesn't sting a little sometimes, you're doing something wrong.

Volcano Tamer
    Ok, confused MRSI or MRSA?
    Buy Local, Bomb Global

I'm talking about resistant staph. i assumed he was too. Maybe I have my acronym wrong?

Doing good is like picking fresh blackberries - if it doesn't sting a little sometimes, you're doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by KK4AMI View Post
    Ok, confused MRSI or MRSA?
    I meant MRSA.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Saw something on NOVA that showed staph put on pieces of stainless steel and copper; the s.s. bacteria grew madly, the copper bacteria died off, rather rapidly. It was explained that the copper allowed an electrical charge to course through the MRSA outer shell, destroying it. At least that is what I got out of it.

I'm getting me a copper ball to play with

Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    Saw something on NOVA that showed staph put on pieces of stainless steel and copper; the s.s. bacteria grew madly, the copper bacteria died off, rather rapidly. It was explained that the copper allowed an electrical charge to course through the MRSA outer shell, destroying it. At least that is what I got out of it.

I'm getting me a copper ball to play with
    Get two. Then put them in a jar. Beside the brass ones. Up on the mantle above the fireplace.
    RIP Albi
    When do you tell a woman you're a ham?
    Does YOUR avatar represent a time in your life?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    The real question is, or should be, if someone says that they are for the repeal of Obamacare/ACA... why?

Let me be very clear on this:

I have no problem with 'universal' health care. I have no problem with the basic concept, that anyone who needs medical attention (be it for an emergency, for long term care, or anything in between) should get it. And I don't believe that anyone should go bankrupt, homeless, or worse trying to pay for medical attention.

To me, this is basic human decency. It is the moral and ethical thing to do.

What I do have a problem with, specifically, is the ACA as enacted (or forced down our throats). I don't like the fear-mongering that was used to convince people it was needed (sadly, there were more than enough horror stories that this should not have been necessary). I don't like the hollow promises that were made and then broken after implementation. I don't like the unfounded costs and mandates. I don't like that this was imposed as a de facto tax.

You get the idea.

In short, we as a nation CAN and SHOULD do better.

What worries me about the incoming administration is that for all the rhetoric about repealing the ACA, and for all of the rhetoric about replacing it, there appears to be NO actual plan to replace it. The real agenda seems to be repeal it, period.

ACA is broken. It was a bad plan. But it was better than nothing, which is what we had.

I want to see it replaced with something better. Not ditched and forgotten about.

There must be, there has to be, a better way. We can do better. We MUST do better.

But we must NOT take step backwards, claiming we will then move forward. That's as hollow a lie as the ones used to pass this thing in the first place.
    This, everything.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Get two. Then put them in a jar. Beside the brass ones. Up on the mantle above the fireplace.
    Hee hee hee hee yeah

Or in the jar by the door

heh heh heh, he said balls