Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sears selling craftsman tool division.

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Is Sears still based in Chicago(i.e. "the Sears Tower'') or have they farmed themselves out to Mexico and China and watered themselves down? .... that would explain the bulk of their decision making!
    They're no longer in the former Sears Tower, but what's left of their HQ is still based in IL. For now.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

If you dig into the recent history, their is/was a connection between Sears Holdings and the all but dead Radioshack.

It has to do with the well paid vampires that deal with the demise.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    I wonder what happens to the lifetime warranty now. I have a large roll-about toolbox filled with Craftsman stuff.
    If you had tried to replace them, you would've gotten inferior items anyway.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Forum Addict
    Craftsman is gone, but there are a ton of good US-made hand tool companies out there. Wright, SK (who recently emerged from French ownership, making stuff in Illinois again), Proto (a StanleyB&D holding, but one they've mostly not-fucked-around-with), Armstrong, Cornwell, and of course the Snap-On/Williams behemoth (which are mostly overpriced unless you need daily replacements).
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    Craftsman is gone, but there are a ton of good US-made hand tool companies out there. Wright, SK (who recently emerged from French ownership, making stuff in Illinois again), Proto (a StanleyB&D holding, but one they've mostly not-fucked-around-with), Armstrong, Cornwell, and of course the Snap-On/Williams behemoth (which are mostly overpriced unless you need daily replacements).
    I bought all my snap-on tools for work 25 years ago. If I had to replace them today, it would cost a fortune.

Sears I suppose, has decided that it is against their policy to sell anything but the worst shit possible so just drop the one thing left that still stood for "some" thing. Quarterly profits over long term longevity. That is what caused the downward spiral into oblivion across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by w2amr View Post
    I bought all my snap-on tools for work 25 years ago. If I had to replace them today, it would cost a fortune.
    Hell, 30 years ago it cost a fortune. I started on the tool trucks in '84 and then it was crazy expensive, but without a family to support I could justify the expense. If I had to start over again now it would be simply ridiculous. I don't know how these kids are doing it now.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    Hell, 30 years ago it cost a fortune. I started on the tool trucks in '84 and then it was crazy expensive, but without a family to support I could justify the expense. If I had to start over again now it would be simply ridiculous. I don't know how these kids are doing it now.
    Like most everything with the youngsters, they got to have it right now, can't wait, put it on the cuff.

I use to see these young kids with big houses, a car or two, a big diesel pickup, motorcycles, UTV, maybe a boat, and a toy-hauler. I can't believe all of these kids are independently wealthy, or have two 6 digit plus incomes. A guy I used to work with had all that stuff, and bought another house. The idea being to keep it for a short while, and then selling it for a lot more than he paid for it. When the housing thingy happened, he lost it all because he had no equity in any of it. Needless to say, he wasn't the only one wiped out. Now, with the apparent recovery, it seems like it starting all over again.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by w2amr View Post
    I think the wheels started to fall off after they bought K-Mart.
    Actually, K-Mart bought Sears.

Link to Article
    Stay healthy my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Like most everything with the youngsters, they got to have it right now, can't wait, put it on the cuff.

I use to see these young kids with big houses, a car or two, a big diesel pickup, motorcycles, UTV, maybe a boat, and a toy-hauler. I can't believe all of these kids are independently wealthy, or have two 6 digit plus incomes. A guy I used to work with had all that stuff, and bought another house. The idea being to keep it for a short while, and then selling it for a lot more than he paid for it. When the housing thingy happened, he lost it all because he had no equity in any of it. Needless to say, he wasn't the only one wiped out. Now, with the apparent recovery, it seems like it starting all over again.
    You can't fix stupid.
    Stay healthy my friends.