Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FCC Dimissess Petitions For Rulemaking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FCC Dimissess Petitions For Rulemaking

In today's FCC digest, the FCC dismisses (by letter) petitions for rulemaking from a James Whedbee KKØB of Gladstone MO and Jeffrey Siegell WB2YRL of Burke VA.

Whedbee wanted the number of license classes reduced. Filed in March 2016.
    Siegell wanted Advanced Class licenses to have the same CW privileges as Amateur Extra Class. Filed in July 2016

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...DA-17-11A1.pdf
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Given the fact that the current tests are almost a "gimme" to begin with, what did these gentlemen hope to achieve with their respective filings?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Given the fact that the current tests are almost a "gimme" to begin with, what did these gentlemen hope to achieve with their respective filings?
    Their ultimate goal? Eliminate all but one license class, and eliminate all testing. Oh, and eliminate the rules, too. So that anyone can get on Amateur Radio frequencies and do whatever they want to their hearts content!

This is not a knock: They want Amateur Radio to become CB. They don't appreciate why there is a difference between the two services. They place no value in their licenses. All they know is that their buddies can't (or won't) do it, so that means the big bad guv'mint is picking on them.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 2K!!

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Their ultimate goal? Eliminate all but one license class, and eliminate all testing. Oh, and eliminate the rules, too. So that anyone can get on Amateur Radio frequencies and do whatever they want to their hearts content!

This is not a knock: They want Amateur Radio to become CB. They don't appreciate why there is a difference between the two services. They place no value in their licenses. All they know is that their buddies can't (or won't) do it, so that means the big bad guv'mint is picking on them.
    Ron. That sounds like it reads straight out of an NRA pamphlet at a gun show.
    Just saying, because, well ...

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Ron. That sounds like it reads straight out of an NRA pamphlet at a gun show.
    Just saying, because, well ...
    Because what, exactly?

I do not own a firearm. I am not and never have been a member of the NRA. I have never seen an NRA pamphlet and I have never gone to a gun show. So I have no idea WTF you are talking about or trying to imply.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!

Because what, exactly?

I do not own a firearm. I am not and never have been a member of the NRA. I have never seen an NRA pamphlet and I have never gone to a gun show. So I have no idea WTF you are talking about or trying to imply.
    OK. Fear mongering. Scare tactics. A false narrative which I've heard for at least 20 years which simply isn't true. That and there simply is no such thing as a "Lid Filter." The code test back in the day didn't stop the bad players. I've heard numerous times of how widespread cronyism is in the VEC. It may have happened in a couple of isolated incidents where people were passed who didn't even take the test etc.

Your ownership or non ownership of a firearm isn't the issue and never was so I'm not even going to address that. I think you know that though. If you want a strongarm faction of the ARRL I would suspect it would only attract a certain type of personality, the type which is prone to fear mongering and scare tactics and constantly giving dire warnings of impending doom.

The only thing AR has to worry about is lack of spectrum usage. The FCC will see this and look for ways to manage that spectrum. That could very well mean selling off spectrum to paying players. Based on that I would suspect AR would want to attract more users. Since AR literally has to compete with the Internet and computers as far as young people go AND cellphones for basic communications as far as everyone else goes, dire warnings about every Tom, Dick and Harry being able to get on the air and treat it as a playground kind of comes off as hyperbole.
    It's a hobby which shares something that is considered a national resource, the airwaves. As a national resource which crosses state lines it involves federal government guidelines. We all accept that.

Two guys are jousting at windmills if you really look at it in terms of their fantasy vs everyone else's reality. Unless you're just trying to slam these two as hard as you can to make sure that they never get back up off the ground, then that's one thing. All the old and used up fear mongering scare tactics are just that and won't necessarily attract well adjusted individuals into the hobby. I see it as a way to get the knuckle dragging reactionaries to fight a battle against an unseen and invisible injustice which more than likely simply does not exist. You'll just have more spoon fed people jousting at those metaphorical wind mills.
    Just like the NRA does.

Has the NRA been successful? Yes they have. But they have been successful at a very high cost. They bought off a lot of congress critters. They continue to collect money. They continue to make money. They have also changed the psyche of the nation and legitimized those who are just itching to bag them a bad guy. I wouldn't want that vigilantism and everything that goes with it to spill over to AR.

I hope that explains it.

There is a certain yahoo over on a certain other board advocating for the same sort of nonsense. I noticed 'that' thread seems to have disappeared without an f bomb from my arsenal; hmmm.

I think the little snowflakes just don't want to have to work for anything anymore when it comes to amateur radio and I bet they couldn't solder a pl-259 to save their lives either.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    There is a certain yahoo over on a certain other board advocating for the same sort of nonsense. I noticed 'that' thread seems to have disappeared without an f bomb from my arsenal; hmmm.

I think the little snowflakes just don't want to have to work for anything anymore when it comes to amateur radio and I bet they couldn't solder a pl-259 to save their lives either.
    Well, use your arsenal wisely and sparingly. They ain't worth it, not even if it's a short tripi to the corn field.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!

True that. I already went down that rabbit hole once with that clown, that was enough.

Besides, King TUT showed grasshopper the error of my ways with that clown and I have to respect that.

Although I did slip a little today...

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

In today's FCC digest, the FCC dismisses (by letter) petitions for rulemaking from a James Whedbee KKØB of Gladstone MO and Jeffrey Siegell WB2YRL of Burke VA.

Whedbee wanted the number of license classes reduced. Filed in March 2016.
    Siegell wanted Advanced Class licenses to have the same CW privileges as Amateur Extra Class. Filed in July 2016

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...DA-17-11A1.pdf
    It's a simple answer for both of these morons: Upgrade or STFU.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.