Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "So Long, Princess"

...no matter how I go, I want it reported that I drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra.”
    ― Carrie Fisher, Wishful Drinking
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I wondered how old Fisher was so I looked it up. She was exactly three years younger than I am, to the day--we were both born on October 21.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

She was 72 days younger than me.
    Was hoping she'd wake up.
    Full of stories and her wit.

If you have not heard her recent interview on NPR?

Go find it. The Princess Diarist. :)
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I had a bad feeling about this when the BBC announced that she'd had a heart attack on a plane so asked one US cousin if they (American Airlines I think) had defibrillators on board but it sounded not. We know it's essential to keep the old ticker going until serious medical help is available and there were people to carry out CPR but it isn't quite the same.

I would like to think it wasn't penny-pinching by the airline.

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    She was 72 days younger than me.
    Was hoping she'd wake up.
    Full of stories and her wit.

If you have not heard her recent interview on NPR?

Go find it. The Princess Diarist. :)
    Imagine you're between worlds and (nearly) every person you've ever known is on the other side telling you it's OK to let go. Then they add, "besides, you don't want to hang around for what's about to happen next. That self absorbed orange shit gibbon is about to fuck the planet up beyond fubar."

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by HUGH View Post
    I had a bad feeling about this when the BBC announced that she'd had a heart attack on a plane so asked one US cousin if they (American Airlines I think) had defibrillators on board but it sounded not. We know it's essential to keep the old ticker going until serious medical help is available and there were people to carry out CPR but it isn't quite the same.

30-day survival after CPR - whether in hospital or not, access to early defibs, etc - is universally bad.

Most airlines do have AEDs on board.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by HUGH View Post

http://ehstoday.com/news/ehs_imp_34303

And today her mother Debbie Reynolds, The Eternal Teenager, died of a stroke.

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

According to tonight's newscasts, Debbie Reynold's son (Carrie's brother) is basically saying that his sister's death was more than his mother could take.

Very sad. RIP to both mother & daughter.
    Last edited by W3WN; 12-28-2016 at 11:10 PM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati