Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brewing

Forum Addict
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Porters are great but I like a good stout. Of late I've really been getting in to pale ales. I've got about 20 pounds of grain waiting to be crushed and turned in to that very thing after the new year. In March I was in the UK (yes, I took the KX3 and was on as M0KCE) and I was able to visit the largest beer store in England. http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/brita...gest-beer-shop

I got the 30 beers in 30 days on untapped in less than a week. I'm going to attempt that again in February in Italy.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Forum Addict
    England's largest beer store? Is it warm, bitter, and generally uninviting? :yum:
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

You've met my wife then?
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    duck rabbit picture
    That's one I enjoy (in moderation ... of course)
    [edit]: Correction. I prefer their milk stout.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    England's largest beer store? Is it warm, bitter, and generally uninviting? :yum:
    Oh dear, this is typical of some comments made about British beer! What you forget is that it was invented (actually in Egypt) centuries before refrigeration and in Britain made to be consumed fairly promptly at cellar temperature. It uses different yeast to lagers which can be brewed in Autumn and then kept in an ice-cold cellar for later consumption. Britain does not have the same reliably cold winters.

Or was this meant as a joke?

^^^

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I've never had issue with the serving temperature of a pint in the UK.

Spent a little time today making a set of mash paddles. One for me, one for another ham who also brews and is gearing up for his first all grain batch.