Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for another rig

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Keep up the good work. Your community appreciates your efforts. At least I hope they do and I hope they don't actually have to find out.

Recent wildfires here really put everyone to the test. FFs here ran 24/7 on 4 hours of sleep.
    Thinking about you a lot, Charles. Hope you are well.

Banned
    Well the C4 in the FM drew me in that direction. I thought experimenting with the C4FM would be fun, possibly. I just got off the horn with HRO and they are shipping my rig from Milwaukee today. I viewed the YouTube videos and thought I would try a new rig. I thought about some of the older rigs but the FT-1000MP's are usually being sold without the filters and that makes them quite pricey whereas the FT-991 requires no more filtering. HRO has a $60 off price and then Yaesu has $120 on rebate that I can get in a few years. Anyway, I'll see how I like my very first brand new HF rig.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Rated View Post
    Thinking about you a lot, Charles. Hope you are well.
    Thank you, Jerry. All is well. I was about 20 miles (as a crow flies) from the nearest fire. The non rain conditions finally broke in November after a dry Summer and Fall.
    Two weeks ago Wednesday a had hard storm with weak tornadoes blow through the area. Killed my plumbing for some reason and sprung a leak that eventually led to me replacing the water heater. I have become fluid in plumbing PEX now but the funny thing about it is that 2 other neighbors also lost their water heaters during the storm. Right before the storm, everything fine. After it passed 3 of us had leaking water heaters. Mine was 15 years old and never been serviced. One neighbor's was 3 years old and the other 5 years.

Sounds like you were a bit too close for comfort there. Glad you came out OK other than your plumbing.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    Sounds like you were a bit too close for comfort there. Glad you came out OK other than your plumbing.
    That's the closet I've ever to a wildfire and I did try to get some photos of it while staying out of the way. Was not easy.

Pinnacle Mountain right beside Table Rock.

Lake Lure NC and Gatlinburg got it so much worse.

I'm not a fan of wildfires. It takes surprisingly little for something to end you. I don't get to do the fun stuff anymore, but I am occasionally allowed to get near the fire if I ask the probies nicely. Mostly I just wander about trying to look pretty and swearing at people. That's my story anyway, I'll stick to it. Pic is a training burn.

I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I've got a place I'd like the FD to train on except they will tell me it's too close to the main house and tree cover to allow this. Now I have to demo the old fashioned way.

Thank you for your service to community sir!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

I can think of a lot of places around here I'd like to train at. Might actually have an opportunity to train at a 50's style motel. If the deal goes through the police will get to do some active shooter training there first (I've asked if I can play a shooter) and then afterwards we'll do the live fire training. If the timing is right it should be right after we take delivery of our new engine and 107' ladder truck.