Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is putting up Christmas Lights?

Conch Master

Who is putting up Christmas Lights?

My Father always told me that the formula to getting into the proper Xmas spirit was 1 part "Tennessee Sour Mash" and 2 parts "lightbulbs". I bought a bunch of colored and white LED light strings for outside (they are really getting cheap now ). The former owner of the house we now live in left a stack of 16 ft wood strips. So far I built a 10 ft Xmas Star, a 12 ft Xmas tree, strung lights across my gutters and fences. I would say "Tacky" best describes it. We needed to light a fire under our neighbors, only one neighbor has decorations up so far.

Now where is my shot glass.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Nope like the last 25 years, not even having Xmas stuff here.
    Just ordinary days for us, i don't go for all the fake hoopla.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Orca Whisperer
    Lights were up November 1st, here :P
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

The limestone springs can be tasted in every sip but be careful as the sugars are high and you could be tasting it again the following day.

Quite a number of people here at the marina have put Christmas lights on their boats.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

My sole Christmas decoration is a light display which I built for 'DSG many years ago. It's a BASIC Stamp experimenter board with a BS-24Sp attached, and with 16 LEDs of various colors connected to the I/O pins.

Program loop has a couple of random number generators; one for pin select and the other for "on" duration. The LEDs themselves are transparent, high brightness types. They're aimed at angles to each other so the thing projects a decent sized cone of light on the ceiling.

A relic of times gone past, no doubt.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Conch Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    The limestone springs can be tasted in every sip but be careful as the sugars are high and you could be tasting it again the following day.

That's my favorite Christmas Spirit.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Conch Master
    Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Quite a number of people here at the marina have put Christmas lights on their boats.
    Edenton sponsors a parade of boats at the marina during our yearly tree lighting ceremony. The sailboats are usually the most beautifully decorated.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Conch Master
    Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    My sole Christmas decoration is a light display which I built for 'DSG many years ago. It's a BASIC Stamp experimenter board with a BS-24Sp attached, and with 16 LEDs of various colors connected to the

Program loop has a couple of random number generators; one for pin select and the other for "on" duration. The LEDs themselves are transparent, high brightness types. They're aimed at angles to each other so the thing projects a decent sized cone of light on the ceiling.

A relic of times gone past, no doubt.
    Update it with laser diodes and you are good for another 10 years!
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    Uh Huh, What Love?

This area has something on the Willamette River in Portland that is similar, in that a bunch of boats get all lit up with cool stuff and go putting up and down along the town. Very festive indeed.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful