Thread: World Champion Chicago Cubs

World Champion Chicago Cubs

And that's a phrase I never figured I'd type.

If you didn't watch this year's World Series, you missed one of the best ever. The Cubs were down 3 games to 1 and came back to win three in a row and take the title for the first time in 107 108 years. Game seven reminded me once again of why I love baseball. To quote the Great Sage, "It ain't over 'til it's over."
    Last edited by NQ6U; 11-03-2016 at 08:23 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

last win 1908, all us alive today seen something amazing. the cubs winning the series
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Conch Master
    My neighbor is a United Airlines pilot from Chicago and an avid Cubs fan. Watch for B-737 contrails doing zigzags, that will be him dancing on the rudder pedals.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Oops, missed it

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Yay for the Cubs. I've been a fan for years. Grandma was an avid Cubs fan too, and when I stayed with her and Grandpa during baseball season, the Cubbies were her team, and the team she rooted for. That's how I became a fan, listening to Harry Caray call the game over the old wooden Crosley. As a matter of fact, according to the rat, the Cubs have had a very loyal fan base that stayed with them for all those years.

It looks like someone got their goat.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

I watched/listened to most of it. IMHO, this was one of the best World Series ever.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Yay for the Cubs. I've been a fan for years. Grandma was an avid Cubs fan too, and when I stayed with her and Grandpa during baseball season, the Cubbies were her team, and the team she rooted for. That's how I became a fan, listening to Harry Caray call the game over the old wooden Crosley. As a matter of fact, according to the rat, the Cubs have had a very loyal fan base that stayed with them for all those years.

It looks like someone got their goat.
    my grandfather was a cubs fan, always watched the games on WGN. he died in 1995, but had he lived to see this (he would have been over 100) it prob would have given him a heart attack
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!