Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon GO

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Interesting.

We don't seem to have these problems at our area PokeStops, and the one I visited Friday (North Canton park) was a literal melting pot of all sorts of people. Wonder what's up with that?
    The pokestop was fine until that ONE night. The knockout game wasn't even a real issue around here like it was 3 years ago. One person playing pokemon go got hit, now the same people who were on the opposite end of the park 4 years ago protesting another gun issue where they claimed Obama was gonna take their guns, they show back up.

Maybe a little more background. The source that reported this used a picture of black youths to represent the knock out game players. A couple of years ago, a running/bicycle path called the Swamp Rabbit Trail was in the news for "thugs" attacking people. The trail runs from downtown to Furman University, cutting right through a couple of very poor neighborhoods. The gun nuts got in an uproar and assumed the criminals were black because it couldn't have possibly been poor white kids or any other group. Just black kids. The gun people made asses of themselves on national news blaming Obama for empowering thug culture instead of looking at the local government for putting easy targets, joggers and cyclers, people who are generally unarmed or minimally armed, right in the middle of a secluded area of these historically poor neighborhoods.

Every time they catch one of these "thugs" it is almost always teen aged white kids or a white meth head in his 20s or 30s. Regardless of this, the paper used on their FB page a picture of a group of black youths in a public place near DT. The gun people showed up, not to act as guardians but to get attention and place blame everywhere else.
    In the cases where they catch black youths it is unrelated to the issue which was being spotlighted.

As of right now they still haven't caught anyone and the P-GO players have dwindled from that particular pokestop. Please don't take this as an indictment on all gun owners. The ones protesting are the same ones who are still flying Confederate battle flags on their trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Most of the playas of that particular little game aren't exactly rocket scientists...nor are they missile technicians. They'd be challenged to correctly aim a bottle rocket and safely light the fuse.
    As I recall, the ones who were caught downtown were attending one of the charter high schools. One of the downtown charter schools is designated as an "alternative" school for those with, shall we say, disciplinary issues. The type of issues that gets one suspended or expelled from a public school. I will let you draw your own conclusions.

And I have to admit... at the time I wrote the previous reply, I was on the "T" (Light Rail Transit) coming in to work. Now, normally, I cut through the very same alley that the previously mentioned incident occurred in, and never think twice about it. Not today. This morning, I decided to take the alternate route sticking to the main streets. Just in case.

You see, Little Miss Field Day is starting an apprenticeship at the Pittsburgh Playhouse, and in order to get paid, she needs to show the school her original birth certificate & SSN card, so I had those on me to give to her at lunch time. And while digging those out, I came across over $600 in US Savings Bonds that had gathered dust since she was born, so I had THOSE on me as well. (Don't worry, they're now safely in the bank).

It would have been just my luck to make the acquaintance of some of these aforementioned rocket scientists on my way in to work this morning.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Forum Addict
    I recently had to pay $75 to ye olde commonweal of Massachusetts to get another copy of mine, so I could update my passport. Bastids...
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    This..........and the wonderful stupidity the idiots going for this game around here have been doing like jumping security fences at the airport wandering on to runways,jumping fences trespassing on to the local navy base and my favourite,trespassing on to the Canadian Forces army firing range while live firing was taking place......incredibly intelligent people!
    Maybe Pokemon Go was designed to "thin out the herds"... you know as in evolution. I'm sure there are a lot of potential Darwin award winners playing Pokemon Go.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

I put Pokemon Goon my phone early this summer. Within 3-4 days I remove it from my phone. Not only is it a power hog it is IMHO boring as hell. Why would I want to spend (waste) my time chasing imaginary characters around ? I decided then and there. Pokemon Go just ain't fer me.
    Last edited by n2ize; 10-14-2016 at 04:18 PM.

The pokemon craze seems to have abated a fair bit around here....now that the bad weather has arrived for fall "monsoon season" this looks like it's proving to be just a fair weather type of game
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Yup, I also noticed the local zombies haven't been shuffling by staring at their stupid 'smart' phones now that the weather we are so famous for has returned. Yaaaayh!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

I wouldn't know if the local zombies are playing Poke Him Man GOO, texting, or admiring their selfies and really don't care if they wander into the path of an oncoming truck.

NOW GET THAT PIKACHU OFF MY LAWN! Don't even think about it, I have the hose ready to watch that electric mouse electrocute himself. No surprises here, it always says "Pikachu" before it discharges, so put it back in it's Pokeball and move along before the sparks fly if you know what's good for you.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    I wouldn't know if the local zombies are playing Poke Him Man GOO, texting, or admiring their selfies and really don't care if they wander into the path of an oncoming truck.

NOW GET THAT PIKACHU OFF MY LAWN! Don't even think about it, I have the hose ready to watch that electric mouse electrocute himself. No surprises here, it always says "Pikachu" before it discharges, so put it back in it's Pokeball and move along before the sparks fly if you know what's good for you.
    Not with 1000 MV at 900 Amps across the lawn. :)

Haters gonna hate ...

It's so popular at our downtown lake/park that food trucks have set up on warm weekend nights to feed the crowds of players. Most times I will play from my bicycle, as there are a number of stops along the trails I ride...but if going to the lake I'll take the car then walk around it when I get there. Those are good for at least 3mi per visit, several times per week.

Last night I reached Level 23 at said lake. My two major gripes with the game: 1) Incorporate a real "tracker" function into the game (or quit shutting down all the 3rd-party versions), and 2) Enable a "bicycle mode" in the game. As it stands now if you ride faster than 10.5km/hr, your distance traveled doesn't count towards hatching eggs. Most of my rides are at speeds from 20-30km/hr and the game should allow for cyclists to count distance ridden too.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."