Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FCC Forfeiture Order to W4BHV

How does the FCC collect from people who don't pay? Nagging question.

Not to diminish the rottenness of the object of the topic but much bigger fines have been laid against annoying persons and scofflaws.
    K1MAN got a big fine a few years ago. From appearances of the house and car etc., he did not seem like the sort to have that much in cash. I wonder if he ever did pay it, and if not, what the FCC did to grab the money? They do not seem to offer a payment plan.

At one time in a phone call, I asked an FCC official how they force money out of people - for instance do they try to take their house or what. He said no nothing like that - but I feel as though they do find a way to collect.

Only an idiot would put something like that on a credit card because of the usurious interest - a double punishment for sure. -unless something much worse was going to happen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KD5OEI View Post
    How does the FCC collect from people who don't pay? Nagging question.

Not to diminish the rottenness of the object of the topic but much bigger fines have been laid against annoying persons and scofflaws.
    K1MAN got a big fine a few years ago. From appearances of the house and car etc., he did not seem like the sort to have that much in cash. I wonder if he ever did pay it, and if not, what the FCC did to grab the money? They do not seem to offer a payment plan.

At one time in a phone call, I asked an FCC official how they force money out of people - for instance do they try to take their house or what. He said no nothing like that - but I feel as though they do find a way to collect.

Only an idiot would put something like that on a credit card because of the usurious interest - a double punishment for sure. -unless something much worse was going to happen.
    This talks about fines issued to companies specifically, but I imagine the process is pretty much the same for induhvidual licensees:

https://www.fcc.gov/news-events/blog...ection-process

Attachment 14849

The DOJ collects on it. DOJ debt collection regulations here: https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...gulations#h-16
    Last edited by N2CHX; 08-06-2016 at 09:36 AM.

Naaa, Killer Hamsters get the long process, as it's not really a consumer issue. :roll:

However, I do think a precedent needs to be started based on "hate crimes".

Because free speech can, and does go too far outside of the media... of course.

"'Cause that's just "entertainment". :roll:

Or listen to it, believe it, and even VOTE FOR IT.
    Last edited by WØTKX; 08-06-2016 at 03:52 PM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I think I just threw up a little.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...