Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hara not signing leases...

"... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

name of the hockey team is icing on the cake.

Forum Addict
    Subliminal messaging.

That isn't working.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

"2 NEWS reached out to Hara Arena for comment. We were told the facility will make an announcement in August, but officials declined comment for now."

something to give us all a break from election coverage ...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Well if this is the end- at least I made it once.

Might be Friedrichshafen for me.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Dayton Demolition, an ARRL sponsored hamvention.

Friedrichshafen, complete with a Zeppelin museum and inspiration to build an extended double Zepp antenna.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Ok, so this news story has been floating around for over a week now. It's been discussed to death Over Yonder, on eHam, and now it's starting up on some of the email reflectors.

I need to point out, once again, ad infinitum ad nauseum, that the actual hard core facts are few.

The facts are...

The hockey team was unable to come to terms with HARA for a lease for next season. We do not know why.

The owner of the team alleges that others are also having problems with HARA signing leases. He does not say how he knows this.

HARA ownership/management has declined comment, and neither confirms nor denies the story & allegations. They do say they plan to make an announcement next month.

Those are the facts. Anything else is mere speculation at best.

Oh, almost forgot. There is one other fact, which a friend of mine (who was a member of the DARA Board of Directors and is one one of the people who run Hamvention for DARA) confirmed last May... DARA already has a lease for the HARA Arena for the next few years.

So what is really going on?

Damned if I know.

I have dropped an email to my friend and asked him for any appropriate comments. If he responds, and gives me permission to make his comments public, I will do so.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Ok, so this news story has been floating around for over a week now. It's been discussed to death Over Yonder, on eHam, and now it's starting up on some of the email reflectors.

I need to point out, once again, ad infinitum ad nauseum, that the actual hard core facts are few.

The facts are...

The hockey team was unable to come to terms with HARA for a lease for next season. We do not know why.

The owner of the team alleges that others are also having problems with HARA signing leases. He does not say how he knows this.

HARA ownership/management has declined comment, and neither confirms nor denies the story & allegations. They do say they plan to make an announcement next month.

Those are the facts. Anything else is mere speculation at best.

Oh, almost forgot. There is one other fact, which a friend of mine (who was a member of the DARA Board of Directors and is one one of the people who run Hamvention for DARA) confirmed last May... DARA already has a lease for the HARA Arena for the next few years.

So what is really going on?

Damned if I know.

I have dropped an email to my friend and asked him for any appropriate comments. If he responds, and gives me permission to make his comments public, I will do so.
    I consider that good news. I like HARA.

Will be there next year depending on some surgery dates. My wife and I are aslready chomping at the bit having missed this year due to the death of her mother.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

It's a Canadian sport. Bushtit.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    It's a Canadian sport. Bushtit.
    A Canadian sport played by Bushtit's?? maybe......
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!