Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Win X: 1 Down, 3 To Go

Heads up, Ron (and everyone else).

http://www.pcworld.com/article/31003...ry-update.html

M$ always finds a way to make you hate them, don't they?

Possible solutions: http://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/26/you...ays-microsoft/
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Possible solutions: http://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/26/you...ays-microsoft/
    Yeah, I saw that this morning.

Just like they're shoving Bing down every IE user's throats. They still haven't learned that lesson.

There is a Powershell script floating out in the aether to remove Cortana altogether. So I'm not too worried about this bit of intrusiveness.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Already had it switched of in the Group policy edit and in the registry, mic = off camera = off etc.
    Eff him.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

"People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Yuck.

I know what my boss's reaction to that will be. One more reason to NOT upgrade the work machines from Win 8.1 to Win X.

Despite what Micro$oft might think, Candy Crush and Xbox are not exactly apps that are useful in the business environment. (Except to waste time)
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

When I buy a Dell refurbished computer, I make an image of the drive, remove the small drive from the computer, and re-image a larger hard drive, and replace the smaller drive. The smaller original drive goes in a sealed ESD bag and placed in storage, with the others like it.

With the Free upgrade offer, I thought I would use an SSD drive, and with one computer at a time, copy the original image to the SSD, upgrade to Win 10, Register (for life), and roll back to Windows 7. The roll back is important because I read somewhere on the MS site that the license for Windows 7 will invalidate if not rolled back within a month of upgrade.

I only had one system refuse to upgrade, and others had the same problem with that particular system. The roll-back was an interesting experience. I had a 33% success rate in roll-back to Win 7. One system went into a perpetual repair/reboot cycle. During the upgrade/roll back process, ALL roll-backs took out the restore partition. Good thing I have image of all systems. All systems has been restored by procedure, reinserted the large hard drives (SSD for laptops), and all back to normal.

The only safe place for Windows 10 is in VMware... Jim, thanks for the info and warnings.

Speaking of imaging, I have been using Acronis for many years, but have been looking at/working with Macrium Reflect. Very easy to use, and there is a free edition. Does anyone here have experience with Macrium Reflect/Macrium Reflect Free?