Thread: Thought You Were Having A Bad Day? (PVGP 2016 Edition)

Thought You Were Having A Bad Day? (PVGP 2016 Edition)

3964.jpg
    I got to witness this one as it happened. 491 Green came out of the curve from Corner 17 too hot, lost control, went up into the grass. He didn't hit the granite Monument, stopped short of it. However, he did hit a sign, destroying the sign post and sending the sign flying.

Right behind him was 27 Crimson (they don't want us to use the word "Red" over the net, it's a reserved word for Red Flag, ie, Stop The Race NOW). That driver told me he saw 491 Green lose it, so he hit his brakes, thinking 491 was going to swerve back onto the road. At the moment he hit is brakes, the sign hit his hood, bounced and hit his helmet (!!). No worries, he was just fine. But that's how he ended up in the grass. Well, almost.

It was literally a "bang BANG!" moment. Yeah, THAT fast.

Corner workers rolled 27 Crimson into our area, off course. The driver was PISSED. He told me that this was the best that his car had ever performed, as he's had some mechanical issues in the past, and he was really enjoying the race... and then this happens.

Just a few more...
    3977.jpg
    That's the visible damage to 491's front end.

4008.jpg

This was taken immediately AFTER the engine fire was put out. I did have a "before" picture, but the flames were almost invisible.

4019.jpg

This guy had a brake issue around Corner 9. As in, they failed, and he hit the jersey barrier at race speed. As bad as it looks... they said over the net that he thinks he'll have it operational again in a month or two, depending on how much time he has to work on it.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Forum Addict
    I've driven a Caterham once. Not the fastest, but terribly frightening acceleration with basically no weight and good balance.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    I've driven a Caterham once. Not the fastest, but terribly frightening acceleration with basically no weight and good balance.
    Don't forget a ride like a 1938 Mack 3-ton truck with a broken leaf spring.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Don't forget a ride like a 1938 Mack 3-ton truck with a broken leaf spring.
    I can't really say anything, my 2012 has two live axles :yum: Coils, at least.

Lotus/Caterham used the same suspension geometry as an Alfa. Well, before the Alfa loses a critical part somewhere...
    Last edited by KG4NEL; 07-19-2016 at 05:37 PM.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

How about smashing up a 6 million Koenigsegg ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-Germany.html
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Forum Addict
    Probably more butt-clenching, but won't cost the driver a dime. That MGA is personal :(
    Jim

I'd love to build up one of my Miatas for some simple racing. Not the "Limited Edition".

Which doesn't really exist, as it's expensive... Even in the "lower classes".

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman