Thread: How Cool Is This?

How Cool Is This?

So, about 9:30 this morning, the Executive Administrative Assistant for one of the owners is walking around. Comes into IT and asks each of us "are you a hockey fan?"

Turns out that the company got 14 of these... and the owners decided to pass them around to the troops first.
    Ticket With Stanley.jpg

So I call Little Miss Field Day at home. She answers with a very groggy/grumpy "Hello?"
    "Good morning. Are you awake yet?"
    "Dad! I just woke up! Why are you calling?" (She does get a little grumpy when she's woken out of a sound sleep)

So I tell her. "How'd you like your picture taken with the Stanley Cup today? I just got a ticket for it.'

THAT was more effective that coffee. "WHAT?" She suddenly wasn't so groggy!

A little over 2 hours later...

Jessie And The Cup 2a.jpg

Her brother, who's a Season Ticket Holder, is jealous. HIS ticket is slotted for Friday night!

LMFD also told me that a friend of hers is jealous because she got her picture taken before him. I just told her to tell him "tough sh... noogies, YOU have connections!"
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I thought this was the Stanley Cup…

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

nicely done!
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Quote Originally Posted by n6hcm View Post
    nicely done!
    Thanks. Definitely made LMFD's day, she had a big smile on her face all evening.

The photo (the original that this was cropped from) was taken by the Penguins and emailed to her... took about an hour before she forwarded it to me, and it was sent to her home computer, so it may have been faster. There were signs at the end of the line, at Consol Energy Center, that no one was allowed "for copyright reasons" to use their own phone or camera. (Everyone was handed a box to put their stuff in, and given the box back after the photo was taken) And... no babies in the Cup.

She did get pictures of some of the other trophies, while waiting in line (her wait was about 45 minutes, I'm sure it was longer later in the day). Not the GM of the Year one, though; she said it looked 'boring'.

I did have a few people ask me why I didn't go with her (and I could have gotten a second ticket). To be honest... I've had my picture taken with the Cup before. She hadn't. [ And that isn't really the championship trophy I want to have a picture with ]
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    I thought this was the Stanley Cup…

Wrong Stanley.
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Conch Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    I did have a few people ask me why I didn't go with her (and I could have gotten a second ticket). To be honest... I've had my picture taken with the Cup before. She hadn't. [ And that isn't really the championship trophy I want to have a picture with ]
    HA! Do you see the T-shirt your daughter is wearing, I'll bet she wasn't alive for that. I'll also bet we won't be alive for the next one. :)
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Quote Originally Posted by KK4AMI View Post
    HA! Do you see the T-shirt your daughter is wearing, I'll bet she wasn't alive for that. I'll also bet we won't be alive for the next one. :)
    Of course I did. I bought it for her. One for The Boss as well, who WAS alive and well in 1979 and cheering on the Pirates. [ Not me, I wasn't in Pittsburgh yet ]. You can buy one today, in fact; they have plenty in stock at the Pirate Clubhouse, saw them hanging up last night while I was waiting for LMFD to punch out.

Now about the second comment... We shall see. We shall see.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!