Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Field day for me....

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    In principle I agree with you.

However, for me, it's nice to have a social group of hams to hang out with and do things with. So finding a decent club is a good start for me.
    There's the problem right there. Social group of hams? Hah Most of them are sitting in the dark, in their underwear listing to HF. I read it on here so it must be true.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    There's the problem right there. Social group of hams? Hah Most of them are sitting in the dark, in their underwear listing to HF. I read it on here so it must be true.
    Well, while I have been guilty of sitting in my underwear from time to time listening to short wave (I never transmit naked- gotta draw line right?), it's important to note that none of the hams were naked at this club.

As a matter of fact... most were not fat... and there were a couple of 20 somethings working VHF/UHF weak signal.

So I think I'm ok, as long as I do not corrupt them with my naked short wave listening. We'll see next field day after I rip off my clothes and start screaming dits and dahs through a d104 on 10 meters.

Film at 11.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...