Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Field Day 2016!

I handed out some points using my backyard station. 75, 40, 20, & 6 meters.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N
    Keep an eye on when the FD article is published in QST. I think you'll find a lot of complaints about the bands.
    And

Quote Originally Posted by w2amr View Post
    I handed out some points using my backyard station. 75, 40, 20, & 6 meters.
    I managed about half a logbook page on 40M over several hours of "light" operating (read: socializing in the shack with my Ops Crue took precedence). Had the 10M setup all ready to go for a friend who's wanting to get into ham radio...and that band was as dead as a mausoleum at midnight all day Saturday. Sunday morning saw a brief Es event open to the LA/MS area but enthusiasm had waned to the "fuggit" point by then.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    I guess I'm a class B this time. I'd go 1B battery but I don't want to have my battery crap out and not be able to use the pickup for power. Using a camping trip as an excuse to play radio this year. 6 meters in the mornings, 15/20 meters afternoons & 40/75 as appropriate the rest of the way around the clock. SSB mainly, CW if I work up the nerve but willing to do some slow speed if I get any takers (probably nothing but speed demons out there on FD). Just a few miles from my last 7qp effort in cn85, SE Clatsop county (NW Oregon) up an old logging road. Hope the housesitter doesn't tear it up too much. Was supposed to leave Wednesday but looks like Thursday at best.

Hope to work islanders on this outing but I'm betting my little pistol gets lost in the shuffle.
    Got burnt this year. Murphy put the hurt on the effort in spades. Never got OTA till the day after FD but did get to play the next 9 days through the remnants of the horrible propagation. 20 proved fun last weekend with the 13 colonies thing going on. Was able to QSO with an old friend down near L.A. for a few days in a row which was a nice consolation prize. Also proved the 6m delta loop can at least hear, so maybe it does work after all.

Effin FD anyway. Seems to always get me somehow. I did work CN85ht from a wonderful spot though; not to mention a much overdue and much more needed camping trip with my most excellent yl and the canine contingent. Sorry to have to return, really.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    Got burnt this year. Murphy put the hurt on the effort in spades. Never got OTA till the day after FD but did get to play the next 9 days through the remnants of the horrible propagation. 20 proved fun last weekend with the 13 colonies thing going on. Was able to QSO with an old friend down near L.A. for a few days in a row which was a nice consolation prize. Also proved the 6m delta loop can at least hear, so maybe it does work after all.

Effin FD anyway. Seems to always get me somehow. I did work CN85ht from a wonderful spot though; not to mention a much overdue and much more needed camping trip with my most excellent yl and the canine contingent. Sorry to have to return, really.
    This was my FD, essentially, as well. Down to the camping, but no canine on this trip, as she's gotten far too old, and tends to want to sleep a lot. She can't get more than 1/4 mile down the trail these days, and I'm carrying her back. Not an easy feat with a 90lb dog lol
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com