Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis... Has Just Left The Building

Elvis... Has Just Left The Building

The owners at work will be in a good mood tomorrow morning. Although I don't expect to see one before noon at the earliest, since he'll be flying back from San Jose in the wee hours.

( If you were watching Game 6 of the finals, when they showed a picture of the Penguins Owners box, he was usually sitting to Mario Lemieux's right. )

And there is joy in Pittsburgh... In a reversal of nature, The Penguins have eaten the Sharks.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Speaking of your place of employment, there will be a package awaiting you when you arrive tomorrow morning.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Speaking of your place of employment, there will be a package awaiting you when you arrive tomorrow morning.
    No, but only because the Post Office doesn't deliver at 7 AM. But I will let the mail room know to call me when it arrives!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Just as I was leaving work on Friday, as I was saying "goodbye and have a good weekend" to the rest of the IT group, one of the owners stopped by. He was leaving for the airport. His exact words were " I'm going to bring the damn thing home myself!! "

I'm going to have to ask him if he checked it in with his luggage, or if he bought the Cup it's own seat on the airplane home!

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Good one. The cup definitely needs its own seat.

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    No, but only because the Post Office doesn't deliver at 7 AM. But I will let the mail room know to call me when it arrives!
    Yes, because according to the USPS tracking page, it was delivered yesterday.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Yes, because according to the USPS tracking page, it was delivered yesterday.
    To whom? The building was closed over the weekend, always is.

Had the box been left at the door on Saturday, and it better not have been, I would have seen it (we park there for ball games)... Or it was swiped.

On Edit 7:30 AM EDT:

I had a word with Donna, the lady who handles the mailroom. (Easy enough to do as I was returning my weekend parking pass). She assures me that this has happened before... the USPS person checks the box as "delivered" BEFORE trying to open the door, and they (allegedly) know enough to take the package back and make a second attempt today.

So the box should be here later today.

On edit 9:35 am:

Package arrived 10 minutes ago. Donna just brought it up to me. * phew *

Hope so, because this has really put a damper on my mood. Kinda hard to smile along with everyone else around here right now...
    Last edited by W3WN; 06-13-2016 at 08:36 AM.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Conch Master
    Ya Penguins! If only my nephew's baseball team had won yesterday in the super-regional to advance to the CWS.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Well, the big boss just came in. Needless to say, he was in a good mood.

He'd told a lot of people, including us in the IT group, on Friday that not only was he going to San Diego, but he was going to "bring the damn thing home myself". As it turned out, on the plane trip home yesterday, Kris Letang walks up the aisle, jokingly tells him that "everyone is sick of this thing already, here, you take it" and as a result, the Cup ended up sitting next to him on the ride home. (He has a photo of it on his phone, I don't know if I can get a copy or not... Tom is VERY sensitive when it comes to certain things, and this is one of them -- his position with the Pens and so forth)

I did have to ask him though a very important question... "What's the over/under on how long it will take for the Cup to end up in Mario's pool this year?" His reply was "I'll take Under. They had a party at his (Mario's) place yesterday!"

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

From yesterday's Victory Parade. Co-worker snapped a few pictures at the start of the parade (just a couple of blocks from here)
    4633.jpg4633A1.jpg
    City's official crowd estimate was over 400,000. Some said 450 - 500,000. Regardless, this is alleged to be the largest turn out for a parade of any sort in the city's history.

Little Miss Field Day was down near the end of the parade route, right in front of the main building for Point Park University. She got interviewed by KDKA's "human interest story" reporter, though it didn't make either of the stories he did. However, she was very visible (for about 2 seconds) at the start of each of the stories he did on the evening news.
    Last edited by W3WN; 06-16-2016 at 08:03 AM.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!