Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Job Posting: Does Burt Know?

Forum Addict
    Magazines are dead. PDF uber alles.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by XE1/N5AL View Post
    I wish the ARRL offered a subscription option for a downloadable version of QEX. So far, you can only get QEX through the mail.
    Well, with a new regime being instituted in Newington this year, maybe that will come to pass.

No good reason it couldn't or shouldn't.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by KØWVM View Post
    Have the antenna finally up and it's actually a doublet.

One thing that worries me a bit is the fact I can't contact too many people back east (further than Colorado where I have had success). Local hams here say that the fact I am nestled up against 9,500 foot mountains makes it difficult to do it on HF. Practically turning my antenna into an NVIS one (for contacts back east) being up that close.

Contacts to the N, S or W are no problem though. Going to aim for some DX in the Pacific/Asia areas since it works well that way.

I am going to see if it will work better at different times of the day for contacts further east of Colorado... hopefully that makes a difference.
    I hear you. Sounds like some of the issues I have with my 160 vertical; I can work as far west as CO, but nothing further. (Though in my case, I know it needs more radials, which will be worked on this spring.)

OK, just thought I'd ask. Keep me posted.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati