Thread: Creepy

Creepy

So I have a few minutes this afternoon before we have to go out and run some errands. 10-10 contest is going on, and I need a few states for 10 M WAS, so what the heck.

Exchange is name, state, and 10-10 number. Easy enough, although I do have to pull the cert out to see what my number is.

Third station I work, a '6' in Arizona, informs me I have the wrong number. Seems that the gentleman who originally had this call, who has been a Silent Key for around 25 years mind you, had a 4 digit 10-10 number.

He then informs me my name and state are wrong... until it dawns on him that maybe I'm not the dead guy.

But, how creepy is it, to be informed that you must be a dead guy? ( No disrespect intended toward the original W3WN, by the way ) And get an argument about it from someone?

[ I kinda lost interest in the band for the day after that exchange. Working EA8TL on 12 meter CW is a lot more fun, and a lot less dreck. ]
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

It could have been worse. You could have been the SK.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    That's ok, Ron. I get it.

When I went to the Spokane Ham Meet a few months ago, I saw a sign at the ARRL desk that said:

"WX7P Memorial Scholarship Fund".

I politely informed the guy behind the desk that I was the ORIGINAL WX7P, and I wasn't dead yet...

That got them spinning a bit...
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WX7P View Post

When I went to the Spokane Ham Meet a few months ago, I saw a sign at the ARRL desk that said:

I politely informed the guy behind the desk that I was the ORIGINAL WX7P, and I wasn't dead yet...

Only a bit?

"People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

How much did you clear? After all, the fund was for you, right?
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

What they're thinking

Awkward...
    WVM
    Kilo Zero West Virginia Mountaineer

Chad Eagle
    Ogden, UT
    Montani Semper Liberi - "Mountaineers Are Always Free"
    June 20, 1863

That is all!

Master Navigator
    You're lucky that the ARRL guy didn't club you over the head with a Wouff Hong. :)

Last edited by XE1/N5AL; 02-08-2016 at 04:58 PM.

To be confused for a dead guy...... better than the Walking dead! I'm sure Eddie would know more about it (j/k Eddie)
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

The Mythbusters in a fan episode proved the chainsaw is the most effective zombie killer with a 100% score, but I digress. It's not bad being an SK really, but hearing Roger's voice from the grave when using Winpack for the last vestiges of dying packet can be creepy. Hams operate in the sunlit world of what they believe to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld of Amateur Radio, a band that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a darkside.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.