Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WASHfest 2016

Well, fine. I won't expect yunz. :bfd:

Just thought you might like to know.

Incidentally, WA3TFS, the gentleman who was the "cover" article for January 2016 QST gave a talk on SDR gear he's designed at the meeting last night. He also got a table at the hamfest. If you're interested, or not.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Bah. 35 hours and 2,395 miles for me—each way.
    I don't suppose you fessed up and told everyone what happened last year after you came and got me?

We were on our way to WASH Fest 2015 in his Popemobile, at least that's what he called it. It was really a '57 VW bus, painted a multi colored paisley, the inside was a shithouse gray plaid. We decided it would be fun to do Route 66, as well as a doobie or two, or 5 or 20. We left Flagstaff, and a few hours later, while getting our kicks on Route 66, we entered the next town. Lo and behold, there, RIGHT THERE were a couple of 20 year old, blonde, nymphomaniacs, with big boobs........just standing on the corner in Winslow Arizona.........and what a fine sight to see. Later that day, he was blessing one of them with Holy Water, at least that's what he called it. I think it was more like a golden shower, but I digress. He spent the next week, taking one at a time into his confessional, at least that's what he called it, we always called it the wood shed. He said he was trying to get them to join his nunnery, at least that's what he called it, it's more like a harem. I think the Mormons would probably call them sister sisters? But again, I digress. He spent the next two days trying to get them to properly perform a Vatican Blumpkin, at least that's what he called it, it's more like trying to find the best one to be "head" Nun. There was much-much more, but some things should remain discreet, private, undisclosed, at least that's what he called it. It's more like trying not to bear your sole, or your ass, or both.....at the same time.

Anyway, by the time this whole Papal pre-employment process was concluded, the activity to which we were headed was long gone. Over. Kaput. Finito. Done. Stick a fork in it...........

To make a long story short, although we are taking a different route, I truly doubt we will make it this year either.

Damn, he is so easily distracted, The last time I talked to him he was sayin something about

The Mid-West farmer's daughters really make you feel alright
    And the Northern girls with the way they kiss
    They keep their boyfriends warm at night
    Last edited by K7SGJ; 02-06-2016 at 01:08 PM.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

And the three men you admire most... The Father, Son & The Holy Ghost... They took the last train for the coast...

So I won't expect you this year.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

All of La Rata’s story is a giant pack of lies. Also, he conveniently left out his own participation in the whole thing.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

All of La Rata’s story is a giant pack of lies. Also, he conveniently left out his own participation in the whole thing.
    So, who's finger was the gugootz? Bob's Plastick FU finger? Rata's clawy rat finger or your Sicilian garlic finger?

There's no way in hell I could have participated. You seem to have conveniently forgotten that it was I, YES I, that had their hands full, carrying the bibles, while YOUR hands were full of flesh.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

2 1/2 hours from me if I behave and go the speed limit...

...45 minutes via Concours 14 if I don't.

Let's see what the weather does. Of course, temperatures for this weekend's Mid-Winter Hamfest (Mansfield) are supposed to be around zero F. As is par for the course. :roll:
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    There's no way in hell I could have participated. You seem to have conveniently forgotten that it was I, YES I, that had their hands full, carrying the bibles, while YOUR hands were full of flesh.
    Explain this rat pup currently being cared for at the Vatican who exhibits a remarkable resemblance to a certain Zonie that we all know:

Last edited by NQ6U; 02-08-2016 at 11:47 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.