Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm...also at it again.

Forum Addict
    Sure! I'll only extract royalties from non-hams, or at least ones with deep pockets...
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    Sure! I'll only extract royalties from non-hams, or at least ones with deep pockets...
    Thank you. If you would see me at a hamfest you'd know my pockets are pretty shallow, like me
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Forum Addict
    Took a road trip last weekend to see what was left of Rocky Mount, NC, before it was developed and all the cool industrial stuff was torn down.

Going back in maybe a month, definitely requires a night trip...and there's just more I didn't get to shoot.
    Last edited by KG4NEL; 04-11-2016 at 10:58 PM.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Conch Master
    Rocky Mount is close to Edenton where I live. We have a similar building style, but no development. That one picture looking up the building with the bird, the plane and the rope is cool. There is some sort of symbolism there.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Not many brick buildings out this way. They tend to fall down during earthquakes.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by KK4AMI View Post
    Rocky Mount is close to Edenton where I live. We have a similar building style, but no development. That one picture looking up the building with the bird, the plane and the rope is cool. There is some sort of symbolism there.
    Oddly enough, I never saw the plane in the viewfinder :-p

I'm still editing a few more I took there. Capitol Broadcasting (owners of WRAL-TV in Raleigh) is pouring millions to renovate the old mills into biz space, as well as buying the former mill housing around it. How it will pay off, who knows - the downtown was basically dead.

There was an excellent microbrewery in a neighboring house - 4 taps, could literally see the fermenters in back. No food, just a porch, few tables, and excellent beer.
    Jim