Thread: WRC gives new 60 meter allocation

WRC gives new 60 meter allocation

WRC-15 has given us a new 15 Khz allocation on a secondary basis for worldwide Amateur use in the 60 meter band (for us in Region 2 it will come with a 15 watt EIRP limit)

Yippee or not?

One place giving the exciting news: http://monitor-post.blogspot.ca/2015...60-meters.html

....... and where I originally found the news: http://wp.rac.ca/allocation-at-60-me...through-wrc15/

enjoy........ :-P
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

I think I liked the old channelized allocation better. In the US, you could at least use a full 100 watts.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Sorry, can't get worked up about this one. :roll:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    I think I liked the old channelized allocation better. In the US, you could at least use a full 100 watts.
    If this is actually replacing the 5 channels, then you can write off 60m right now.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    If this is actually replacing the 5 channels, then you can write off 60m right now.
    I think that this "new" allocation will be in addition to,instead of a replacement of,said 60 meter channels.With the 15 watt EIRP........
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Officially from 00.00 hours tonight we can work 5350 - 5450 100 watts no limitations on mode of transmission.
    VFO not channellised.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution