Quote Originally Posted by N2CHX View Post
Actually, Ubuntu and Mint are Debian based, so some packages in Debian might be updated a bit sooner. I never really looked into how the package flow goes, to be honest, and I develop software haha.Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, there is no wrong when it comes to Linux BTW Debian was the only flavor of Linux I could get to install on some old HP servers I inherited from a radio station in New Orleans after Katrina. Everything else bombed trying to install on the big RAID array, but Debian happily installed and ran just fine. It's a good O/S. IMO Ubuntu is too dumbed down now. Great for the average user who needs user-friendliness and for things to just work but not get into the bowels of things, but not for someone who likes to tinker around with stuff. I spend a lot of time in a terminal window.
I find Debian just works, granted for mulimedia got to add the deb-muli repos in but i have always had good luck with it. Debian has the stable branch which is pretty damn stable, Ubuntu pulls from sid. lts from testing