Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking the SERA control on regional repeater lists

Beach Bum
    Last edited by KC2SYK; 11-24-2015 at 06:54 PM.

Forum Addict
    Reddit FTW!
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Beach Bum
    BTW, if anyone has access to the Alabama data, please message me.

http://www.alabamarepeatercouncil.or...-by-frequency/

Oh man, this really cracks me up! Mega, now after a mess of legal troubles reorganized as Mega The Next Generation, for YEARS has made The Pirate's Den look like small potatoes. It has made Kim Dotcom the wealthiest pirate in history... but I digress. To the point, if anybody knows how to break SERA's stranglehold and skirt copyright issues pirates are experts at it, one mention of Tor was the call to arms. Heh, give a pirate a radio and he becomes a ham, who gnu?

Oh, speaking of pirates, if you know the inspiration for each of these characters you're a fan of H. P. Lovecraft.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Forum Addict
    What?
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    What?
    “Forget it, Jake. It's Warren, VXA”
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

bet somebody might be pissed, not like i care they pretty much deserve it. Members only type crap like this is something that is a poison this hobby, not to mention on the 2m and 70cm band where a lot of newer hams hang around being a tech and all.
    hey im back for now

Attached Images Attached Images
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Forum Addict
    I'm not saying I don't torrent the bejeezus out of copyrighted material - because I do - but this is, by case law, in the public domain (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feist_...one_Service_Co.)

It's not very helpful for me personally as most of the active ones in NC are published in Google Maps form, which is eleventybillion times more useful, but holding the data hostage for $20 is backwards.
    Jim

Beach Bum
    Torrents are for distributing large files. Not for copyright-infringing materials. In fact, to connect to peers on the torrent, your IP gets shared. So its not particularly anonymous.

Regardless, this file is only 120kB and it doesn't make sense to distribute it as a torrent. And this is non-copyrightable material, so it doesn't make sense on several levels.