Thread: Pitts. Pirates move to Indianapolis

Pitts. Pirates move to Indianapolis

At least for 1 game.
    http://fox59.com/2015/11/18/victory-...ncinnati-reds/

already sold out.

game will be Apr. 2,2016
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

It's an exhibition game. And Indianapolis hosts the Pirates AAA team, so it's going to be a nice showcase for a lot of the prospects.

Actually, thanks to ESPN, that game is going to prove a little challenging from a logistics standpoint. The Pirates were supposed to have the 3rd off, with the home opener on Monday the 4th. ESPN has had MLB move the home opener to Sunday, and it will be the first game of the 2016 MLB season.

Personally, I always like the tradition of the oldest MLB team, the Reds, playing in if not hosting the inaugural game of the season, but $$$$$$ trumps tradition these days.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

In other baseball news, the City of San Diego trades the Padres to Indianapolis for fifty bucks and a team to be named later.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    It's an exhibition game. And Indianapolis hosts the Pirates AAA team, so it's going to be a nice showcase for a lot of the prospects.

Actually, thanks to ESPN, that game is going to prove a little challenging from a logistics standpoint. The Pirates were supposed to have the 3rd off, with the home opener on Monday the 4th. ESPN has had MLB move the home opener to Sunday, and it will be the first game of the 2016 MLB season.

Personally, I always like the tradition of the oldest MLB team, the Reds, playing in if not hosting the inaugural game of the season, but $$$$$$ trumps tradition these days.
    question is did you get tickets for Indy? its only a short road trip

Quote Originally Posted by W2IBC View Post
    question is did you get tickets for Indy? its only a short road trip
    Nah, we'll wait.

The only exhibition game we went to was the first game held at PNC Park, the Saturday before the official opener.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

had I known about this a little before, I may have tried to get tickets.