Thread: DIY M12864 Graphics Version Transistor Tester Kit LCR ESR PWM

DIY M12864 Graphics Version Transistor Tester Kit LCR ESR PWM

Thought this would be of interest for some that likes to tinker and build kits

In this video I take a look at one of the latest component testers from Banggood.com.
    This tester comes in kit form and is a pleasure to put together.
    Kit cost around $20.00 US dollars and for a few more bucks you can order a case with it.

Banggood.com
    http://www.banggood.com/DIY-M12864-G...-p-986954.html

VoltLog
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeEPo9BoRDo

To learn more about these type of testers check out this thread:
    EEVblog
    $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project
    http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/$20-lcr-esr-transistor-checker-project/
    Last edited by kc4umo; 11-10-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc4umo View Post
    Thought this would be of interest for some that likes to tinker and build kits

In this video I take a look at one of the latest component testers from Banggood.com.
    This tester comes in kit form and is a pleasure to put together.
    Kit cost around $20.00 US dollars and for a few more bucks you can order a case with it.

Banggood.com
    http://www.banggood.com/DIY-M12864-G...-p-986954.html

VoltLog
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeEPo9BoRDo

To learn more about these type of testers check out this thread:
    EEVblog
    $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project
    http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/$20-lcr-esr-transistor-checker-project/
    Interesting looking piece of test equipment, certainly is priced right but, he has one thing wrong; not ALL hams like assembling "kits".

If you have that type of time and interest, by all means order the $20.00 kit slap it together, stand back and say, "Oooooo, look what I did," I'm sure your significant other will be so patronizing impressed.

ETA: Listen to him speak, that accent says, "Cajun" or is it from around "Jimmy Carter", Georgia?
    Last edited by koØm; 11-18-2015 at 09:28 AM.

Not all hams like reading your posts either, Mel. See ya.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Interesting looking piece of test equipment, certainly is priced right but, he has one thing wrong; not ALL hams like assembling "kits".

If you have that type of time and interest, by all means order the $20.00 kit slap it together, stand back and say, "Oooooo, look what I did," I'm sure your significant other will be so patronizing impressed.

ETA: Listen to him speak, that accent says, "Cajun" or is it from around "Jimmy Carter", Georgia?
    This can be purchased assembled but cost more.

Also I am NOT "Cajun" nor am I from around "Jimmy Carter", Georgia
    Thanks for the insult..
    Last edited by kc4umo; 11-18-2015 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc4umo View Post
    This can be purchased assembled but cost more.

Also I am NOT "Cajun" nor am I from around "Jimmy Carter", Georgia
    Thanks for the insult..
    Not intended as an insult, you just have a distinctive way of speaking; to my ear, the way you pronounce your vowels comes across in the same manner that the former President, Jimmy carter speaks. Being from the south and having spent a lot of time in New Orleans, the way you say "The" sounds like a Louisianian accent.

You have my sincerest and most humble apology if I offended you, that was not the intent, I was just trying to pin down your location by the way you spoke.

Folks from North Carolina speak differently than people from Kentucky; folks from South Africa speak differently than people from England as do Australia versus New Zealanders. I have come across many different accents in my jobs and travels, yours stands out.

Again, if it helps, sorry about that; I hope the explanation clears my intentions about the statement.

ETA: I did not realize that it was you in the video, you don't sound like a North Carolinian.

One more time, Sorry about that.

Last edited by koØm; 11-18-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Not intended as an insult, you just have a distinctive way of speaking; to my ear, the way you pronounce your vowels comes across in the same manner that the former President, Jimmy carter speaks. Being from the south and having spent a lot of time in New Orleans, the way you say "The" sounds like a Louisianian accent.

You have my sincerest and most humble apology if I offended you, that was not the intent, I was just trying to pin down your location by the way you spoke.

Folks from North Carolina speak differently than people from Kentucky; folks from South Africa speak differently than people from England as do Australia versus New Zealanders. I have come across many different accents in my jobs and travels, yours stands out.

Again, if it helps, sorry about that; I hope the explanation clears my intentions about the statement.

ETA: I did not realize that it was you in the video, you don't sound like a North Carolinian.

One more time, Sorry about that.

Oh boy.
    No, I have to apologize to you mel.
    My bad.

I replied to your post using my smartphone. My smartphone has this darn feature called auto correct.
    It changed my :p to a ".." I have this nasty habit of using emoticons to say things.

In my "neck of the woods" we have a very similar Georgia accent. I even had a female electronic tech from down under say I sounded like uncle Jessie from dukes of hazard.
    Anyway when folks say we sound like someone from Georgia we kind give them the stink eye lol.
    We talk a bit different here on the east coast than those on the western part of the state. Heck even 2 counties over there is a difference.

Its all good and again my fault.

If you think Southern accents are confusing try the NY/NJ Metro area sometimes. Each of the 5 boroughs has its own accent and the north shore of Staten Island (Richmond) and Bayonne, NJ sound more Brooklyn than Brooklyn. Yeah, Sylvester Stallone in B O nne the armpit of NJ would scratch his head and ask for a translator! Then there's Newark, NJ where Whites pronounce it "nerk" and Blacks pronounce it "noke", never "new ark" like the city in Delaware. Yes, NJ has a Mason Dixon line somewhere between Toms River and Barnegat where you know where you are by the way we speak. Sitting about on the line is Forked River, we know you're a damn Yankee if you pronounce it "forkt river" when all around you you hear "fork-ed river".

That having been said, it looks like an interesting little project for those who know how to solder. It has some strange little quirks and limitations, but what do you want for $20, a Wayne Kerr analyzer with Kelvin clip leads?
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.