Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duncan (KU0DM) - finally of legal age!

Happy late birthday Duncan

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Last edited by WØTKX; 10-27-2015 at 11:26 AM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Forum Addict
    Someone younger than me on here?

Man, I need to get on 75 meters now.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

he's almost certainly doing midterms now (unless he goes somewhere weird where they have quarters instead of semesters...)
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

I haven't forgotten ye all! Thanks for the wishes, it was a good day, and got to watch my Royals win it all later that week. Got a year in a half left here...er well a year and a half until grad school, nowadays in structural engineering, the B.S. is the new G.E.D., I'm sure it's a scam...

I've dropped off Facebook, there's enough stupid in real life as it is, I'll try to lurk around a bit more.

Master Navigator
    In my day the M.S. was optional and some people argued that the difference in starting salaries between the two degrees didn't make up for the loss of a couple of year's earnings that the M.S. graduate faced. Like you said, things are different now.

For what it's worth: apart from your core engineering studies, try to take some courses in presentation skills, leadership/project management and some basic accounting/finance. My experience is that as an engineer moves up in the company ranks, he will find himself making more presentations (both within the company and to customers), leading projects, managing others and interfacing more with the business-oriented side of the company. Unfortunately, a lot of good engineers kind of suck at presenting and leading others. Also, you can't communicate as effectively with the company bean counters if you don't speak a little bit of their business language.

Orca Whisperer
    Happy very belated birthday Duncan...
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com