Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yaesu FT-101 E, EE Great Old Radio GOT ONE? COME SAY HELLO !!

Quote Originally Posted by wa6mhz View Post
    I Have a FT-101, FT-101B, FT-101E, FT-101FX and a now a FT-101F.
    The F has a burnt power transformer so its a long ways til it works!
    That's what happens when you are running in the AM mode with the VOX turned on and you forget to turn the radio off before you turn the "Hi-Fi" or Television on. Screaming kids and loud XYLs don't help.

The failure rate on the ZD model was higher than on the E - EE versions. Back during that time period, if a ZD model came through the doors, the boss wouldn't touch them, always referred the owners back to factory service.

Nice rig, Charles.

Now it's Heartbreak Time.

Buddy of mine had an -EE, FV-101, SP-101PB, YO-101, FL-2100B and a YC-601 - with the infamous Brown Wire cut. He had the gear stored in his basement, on the floor. Memorial Day 1985 saw torrential rains in the form of training thunderstorm cells set up over the area. Some parts saw in excess of 4" overnight.

During all this his sump pump failed. He awoke to 2 feet of water in the basement. One can guess the fate of the gear - along with a lot of the family's possessions.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by K4PIH View Post
    I have some stuff I need to part out or get rid of. It's just too big and old for me to keep.

Apache and Mohawk

Attachment 14357
    I always liked those two old classics.

No room in the shack, though, so I can't help you out.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by K4PIH View Post
    \

Well if you are ever in the DC area and feel like King Kong I'll make you a deal you can't refuse if I still have them!
    Figures.

As of last spring, my semi regular appearances in NVA ceased.

My son left his job with the Nationals and took a new job for Penske trucking. So we've gone from a 5 hour trip to see him & the family to about 45 minutes!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati