Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signalink vs Rigblaster vs...?

Signalink vs Rigblaster vs...?

Who's got some run-time on all of these interfaces and can give me the pros and cons of each? Additionally: Are any of you using a Rigblaster for rig control in addition to digi-modes operation - and if so, which programs are you using?

I currently have one Signalink USB in the shack. I'll need at least one more of the things for my two-position PSK/JT65/RTTY operating layout. All of the rigs in the lineup are Ten-Tec and all require a level converter to use their secondary serial interface - the main serial ports are tied up with connections for amplifier and automatic tuner control. I see the high-end Rigblaster incorporates a CI-V (Icom style) converter and one per controlled "spot" will make this project work just dandy. That is, if it plays nice with other gadgets...
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Basic diff is Rigblaster sets up separate USB control for functions, Signalink is one.

For me (I have two RigBlaster PnP units), external PTT for keying was the winner.

Better for CW, AND... Don't want VOX keying, I like my winders noises to stay off the air.

It's a little more nonsense to set up the RigBlasters, but I don't think that would bother you. ;)
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I have been using a SignaLink for PSK-31 and JT-65 for years with no issues, although I've heard it said that the VOX keying can be problematic in a few of the more esoteric digital modes. If Dave is having troubles with his Winders sounds keying his rig, it's because he hasn't set up his software correctly.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 10-20-2015 at 09:50 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

No, it's setup just fine, and I avoid it easily.

I was being snarky. Le Sigh.

Peace, out.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I bought the Cadillac of USB interfaces 7 years ago: http://www.navigator-interface.com/naviusa_004.htm

Now sold by TimeWave: http://timewave.com/support/Navigator/

"People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Which rig control programs are you using with the Navigator, Jim?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Which rig control programs are you using with the Navigator, Jim?
    Primarily WSJT-X 1.5 (JT65/JT9) and MixW 2.18 (PSK, RTTY, and CW). Logger32, HRD, and fldigi have also worked in the past.

If there's something specific you use, I can install it and test.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    I bought the Cadillac of USB interfaces 7 years ago [...] Now sold by TimeWave: http://timewave.com/support/Navigator/

Man, that's gotta be the most effed-up code I've seen on a web page in some time.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 10-20-2015 at 10:56 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Man, that's gotta be the most effed-up code I've seen on a web page in sometime.
    Yeah, it's like 1998 all over again.

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    Primarily WSJT-X 1.5 (JT65/JT9) and MixW 2.18 (PSK, RTTY, and CW). Logger32, HRD, and fldigi have also worked in the past.

If there's something specific you use, I can install it and test.
    I'm thinking about N4PY's TenTec control suite - Icom emulation mode. Once I get the autotuner settings configured for each band I will only need to step between the various watering holes, as the power level will remain constant.

Regardless, I'll need two interfaces - one for the Omni VI and another for one of the Paragon IIs. Then it's point-and-click operation from my home office desk.