Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heathkit is back

Quote Originally Posted by XE1/N5AL View Post
    In our teen years, a friend of mine had no patience when it came to following instructions. He would randomly skip around the Heathkit assembly steps, installing the parts in the order that he wanted to install them. Of course, there were always unexplained parts left over after assembly and his Heathkits usually let out a dying gasp of smoke when power was first applied. :(
    Interesting.

I started building Heathkits at 14 - still have my first one, a GC-1107 clock. It still works as far as I know...the shack has so many 24h timepieces in it that the clock is somewhat redundant!

All of mine worked on the first try. Like Eddie, I've also un-fscked quite a few of the things - either due to builder error or design fault. There are ways to make many of the legacy products better if you don't care for "stock".
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    My cousin drove me there in a 1976 Chevette. It already had a different motor put in it because the original died 2 weeks after rolling off the showroom floor.
    Interesting........ back in the 80s, Car Craft Magazine stuffed a 500 inch Caddy engine into a Chevette. The results were frightening. hihi

"One man with courage makes a majority." ~ Andrew Jackson

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Master Navigator
    "Entity" address information from the California Secretary of State business search: http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/

h.jpg