Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corsair II wanted

Wow. There's still some nice ones out there.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2015 5:19 PM
    Subject: Corsair II for Fred....

Hi Ron----

I have a nice Corsair II, in really great condition, that I might sell to Fred, for $400, if he'd want to spend that much. No extra filters, just the 2.4 factory one. Serial # 580-02051, so it's a late one.

I used it to tune the lower bands to spot CW pileups, then switch to my Omni V for the really big piles or DX-peditions. It puts out 90-95 watts on 80-20M for sure, just don't have antennas for the higher bands right now. Those are all the bands I have used it on, but I'm fairly sure it has good output on all bands. Cosmetically a 9+, very clean, a non-smoker. I'm just out of desk space......and have to keep moving the Eagle.

I attached a picture that I had on my QRZ website.
    Attachment 14327

73, Wade K5TN
    The "other" Wade on the forum
    Moore, OK 73160
    Man ,that's clean.

Ron, the first one you posted (and which George referenced) will work.

Shall I reach out to your list friend directly?

ETA:

Mailed Wade directly. Fingers crossed...
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Please do. I don't think you need my involvement from this point on.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I put ads out on Eham and QTH for a C-II as well as inquiring about one on here. It'll take a while to sort through all the replies in my Inbox ... :shock:

Looks like I'll pick Wade's up, though.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Here's another one for your consideration... these will be trickling in for a few weeks now, you know that...

Oh, WRT his comment on the band switch knob... probably the plastic is slightly cracked. That's what happened to mine. I got a replacement knob (exact except for the lack of the silver insert) from TT, a few years back, for a few bucks; whether or not they still stock them is another matter, of course.

----------------------
    On 10/07/15, rgrieb@frontier.com wrote:

Hi Ron

I just read that you were looking for a nice corsair II for your friend Fred. I have one I’d like to sell. It is very nice cosmetically, and although I haven’t used it in a few years, I believe it works OK. The 2 issues I know of are flickering of the digital display and actually missing a few segments of it during warm-up, and slightly loose band switch knob - I don’t think the set-screw tightens any more on that knob. I’m sure any buyer would want to fix these things.

The radio looks nice and I think any collector would be happy with its appearance. I also have the 960 power supply, which came with the radio, and which I’d like to go with it. I know some people don’t need these, but I don’t want much for it, and I’d like it to have a new home also.

The radio s/n is 561-02344 and the power supply s/n is 960-00422. Included are optional 288 1.8khz filter and 285 500hz filter. I rebuilt the pto with the rebuild kit in March 2008. I’ve owned the radio since November 1999. I don’t use it at all, since I have newer equipment, but I figure an admirer of Ten-Tec radios might like this unit.

Don’t really know what the going price is… but I’d like $200 plus shipping. I live in Elkhart, IN, you can look me up onwww.qrz.com and see the radio in the small pic at the top. I have a digital camera and would be happy to take any reasonable number of pics of the corsair II to e-mail you.

Please let me know if you or Fred are still interested. Thank you.

Riley KC9OP
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Sent you a PM, Ron. I'll take that one also...since I'm going to be messing with a new display board (in cool blue, of course) 'OP's rig looks like a good candidate for a conversion project.

Phantom Corsair

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Arrrrrr, I prefers the original meaning of corsair, ye lubbers:

That's right, it be a pirate!
    Last edited by NQ6U; 10-27-2015 at 05:34 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Arrrrrr, I prefers the original meaning of corsair, ye lubbers:

That's right, it be a pirate!
    But will he be found on the likes of 6925, mateys?