Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PSK31

Did a bit more digging into my proposed T-T setup for PSK/digi modes use. Looks like the Signalink USB interface will handle the I/O duties with an appropriate set of radio cables. I'll need some way to remotely control the Omni VI and one of the Paragon IIs and N4PY's ICOM software appears to be a good candidate for this. Maybe the free version of HRD...needs to be a Windows-based solution for now.

H/W interfacing will be another matter. The Omni VI and the PSK-configured Paragon II will have 253 Autotuners attached to them and this requires the rig's DB25 port for tuner-rig communications connection. So...I have to use a level converter to access the radio's one-wire controller. Looks like an ICOM CT-17 is a direct replacement for Ten-Tec's 305 and I just happen to have a couple of them.

The Omni V and the second Paragon II are also going to be interfaced to the computers which control the other rigs, and their DB25 ports are available. My aim is to be able to control the entire shack from my home office desk, and have the ability to jump bands at the click of a mouse...with the tuners tracking these changes and adjusting themselves accordingly.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Do a YouTube search on replacement of the display of your model of laptop and then, go to HERE and check on the price of a replacement screen.

1st I have to have cash to even get the replacement. might be awhile. it of been better had laptop not bit the floor
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    ...The Omni VI and the PSK-configured Paragon II will have 253 Autotuners attached to them...
    Update: I have three 253s in various states of repair in the shack at the moment. One looks and works good. The others need help - from the cosmetics to the electrics. I'll combine the various CCAs and chassis parts from the two and get one more working unit, then the remainder will get a full rebuild - including a new front panel and refinished sub-panel.

Given the fact these things fetch anywhere from $600-900 on the used market, I don't mind having slightly more than $1k in three of them. That includes repair parts, including an $80 vacuum relay.

ETA:

Second one fixed. Now to beg Ten-Tec for new firmware and other parts needed to fix #3, then attack the cosmetics. All of the remaining pieces have seen rougher days.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

I need a 236 cable for my second 253, a couple copies of N4PY's software, a v.92 Omni V chip and another Signalink then all four T-T rigs should be ready to do their thing remotely. Including lots of PSK.