Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fire Ants ??

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    When they come we are ready... to send them fire ants.
    No. Wasps and hornets are capable of communicating to fire ants and will send them to you.
    Last week I was killing wasps. I was nowhere near a fire ant mound. I always look. 10 minutes later there were fire ants biting my toes.
    Again, no mounds anywhere near by. Fire ants will not bend to your will just because you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by KØWVM View Post
    Where were these little devils found?
    I think they were found in Taiwan.
    We never had weather like this before they started messing around with that internet stuff.

All I know is instead of going to a Labor Day barbecue at my brothers place I wound up in the local ER being treated for an arm infection from those fire ants. After the allergic reaction subsided I was left with a mild soreness along the veins of my arm that slowly got worst and worst and started getting hot & red. In the ER they checked for a blood clot and that was negative so then they saw my WBC count was elevated and treated me with an oral course of Vibramyacin. I am doing a lot better now. Only a tiny bit of soreness left and I still have about 2-3 days of antibiotic left to go.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ka4dpo View Post
    I was looking for this for this a while back and finally came across it. These are Asian Hornets and they are particularly nasty if you run into even one of them. They have been known to kill people and do in fact kill several people a year in China and the far east.

Attachment 14277

They look tasty. Looks like they would make for some good eatin.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.