Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 40 Meter CW for $10.00 ??

Might also be an idea to recap it (i.e. replace the condensers)... They have a tendency to go bad, especially after long term storage.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Master Navigator
    I did finally resurrect my Ten Tec Omni VI. I'm thinking now it's fixed to sell it and apply the funds to something else. There are several rigs on teh wish list, but will probably end up replacing this old used one with another used one, but maybe slightly newer.

Quote Originally Posted by K0RGR View Post
    I did finally resurrect my Ten Tec Omni VI. I'm thinking now it's fixed to sell it and apply the funds to something else. There are several rigs on teh wish list, but will probably end up replacing this old used one with another used one, but maybe slightly newer.
    Omni V, Omni VI and Omni VI+ rigs have pretty much held their value the last few years. But it you're going to sell it, I'd think now is the time, since the rigs are in the neighborhood of 20 years old.

Much as I like the Omni VII, I will be sad the day that the Omni VI+ ceases to be a working rig and becomes a museum piece due to component failure.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

They seem to know a lot about propagation and operating modes that you never see in the handbooks.

Factors affecting communication distance are: antenna and erect, spread bad weather, the surrounding environment is electromagnetic interference, individual operational level.
    The kit is CW manner (similar to the previous telegram), not speaking

Still wondering what they mean by individual operational level though.
    We never had weather like this before they started messing around with that internet stuff.

Master Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Omni V, Omni VI and Omni VI+ rigs have pretty much held their value the last few years. But it you're going to sell it, I'd think now is the time, since the rigs are in the neighborhood of 20 years old.

Much as I like the Omni VII, I will be sad the day that the Omni VI+ ceases to be a working rig and becomes a museum piece due to component failure.
    I'm going to hate to part with the VI+, but the original plan was to use it as a stepping stone to better rigs. The days when I could buy a top of the line rig off the shelf are gone. Now I have to wait until they are a bit older. I'll probably aim for something built in this century this time. I already have my heirloom IC746 that I don't want to part with. And the Drake twins are waiting to be worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by ka4dpo View Post
    They seem to know a lot about propagation and operating modes that you never see in the handbooks.

Still wondering what they mean by individual operational level though.[/LEFT]
    And what about the other factors. You must have erection spread over bad weather
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

The driver tube was soft, but the issue seems to be an intermittent connection somewhere ahead of the driver tube. When it works, it works fine and makes good power. But when it doesn't, the output power ramps up slowly. I *think* the issue is in the mode switch and the schematic seems to confirm that, but it being nearly completely sealed, not sure what I should spray in there.

It will be an interesting winter project.

Quote Originally Posted by ka8ncr View Post
    The driver tube was soft, but the issue seems to be an intermittent connection somewhere ahead of the driver tube. When it works, it works fine and makes good power. But when it doesn't, the output power ramps up slowly. I *think* the issue is in the mode switch and the schematic seems to confirm that, but it being nearly completely sealed, not sure what I should spray in there.
    I always use this stuff, It seems to do a good job. 200-040.jpg