Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Windows 10

I'm a little confused with the interface changes, but not too bad.

The management "under the hood" stuff is quite a bit different, and is more along the lines of MS server products. Which is not a bad thing. I do run Windows X Pro 64 bit, upgraded from 7 Pro. Never cared for the "home editions".

I'm pretty convinced I will no longer need some third party tools like Partition Commander. Not quite convinced about Anti Virus software yet, but I'm checking into it. Windows Defender does not add much latency at all, and it sure used to. Interesting.

I did upgrade the subscription to G-Data antivirus, as it has been excellent for the latency stuff.
    Last edited by WØTKX; 10-24-2015 at 01:48 PM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    I'm a little confused with the interface changes, but not too bad.

The management "under the hood" stuff is quite a bit different, and is more along the lines of MS server products. Which is not a bad thing. I do run Windows X Pro 64 bit, upgraded from 7 Pro. Never cared for the "home editions".

I'm pretty convinced I will no longer need some third party tools like Partition Commander. Not quite convinced about Anti Virus software yet, but I'm checking into it. Windows Defender does not add much latency at all, and it sure used to. Interesting.

I did upgrade the subscription to G-Data antivirus, as it has been excellent for the latency stuff.
    I am so glad there are computer gurus like several of youse guys. To me, it's FM. I understand the basics and some of the intermediate stuff. When it comes to more than that, I'd rather be woodworking, fishing, et al. Thank you gurus...................thank you one and all.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Meh, its not that hard. It is time consuming, and annoying if you have deadlines and/or clients.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman