Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Pile-O-Tempo 2020s

Quote Originally Posted by wa6mhz View Post
    I'd like that roll of coax!
    I feel ya, Pat. I would like a roll of coax too. I have successfully used every last bit of coax I've collected over the last few years including ropes, electrical tape, tyrannosaurus tape, weather seal glue and propane soldering torch tanks. This was just for two 10m wire antennas! HOLY CRAP! AM I RIGHT!?
    I've chosen a winner and the loser is going to come back down and get rebuilt for 20/40. LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Have you ever seen a Cee Bee that wasn't butchered if you didn't buy it new? I had an FT-101EE that needed some work, made some extender boards and in a couple of days it was on the air. With little SSB activity and not being keen on derived AM at reduced power I sold it for a nice profit and went back to my main set, a Ranger with audio modifications and National radio NC-173 receiver. My last station when the band went to hell was a scratchy Apache and mating Mohawk receiver, both modified. Sure beats the hell out of a leenyar. (;->)
    I also have a Ranger with Tim's audio mods but I have never done CB with it, never will.

The NC-173 is a sweetheart, that was my novice receiver and I wish I had kept it, one of the best single conversion receivers ever made.
    We never had weather like this before they started messing around with that internet stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ka4dpo View Post
    I also have a Ranger with Tim's audio mods but I have never done CB with it, never will.

The NC-173 is a sweetheart, that was my novice receiver and I wish I had kept it, one of the best single conversion receivers ever made.
    I had a wonderful NC183D that I traded for some Drake gear. For some reason, the 183D to me "looked" like a radio.

Miss the radio.. don't miss the footprint. Love the Drakes.

Jason N8XE
    "Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by ka4dpo View Post

[emphasis mine]

Well just because of that, now you should.