Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Field Day thread

I've put about a dozen 20M SSB, two 10M SSB and one 6M SSB contacts in the log thus far - all with 10w output. The bands are meh...and I'm hoping that a nice sporadic E event will open up the upper HF/lower VHF bands.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Forum Addict
    40/15 SSB ended up with about 260 QSOs. I only did a couple stints, had a nice run going on 15 Sunday morning. Amazing what a little bit of height and antenna gain does with 5 watts.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Didn't get to go, too much family drama. Oh well.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

30 contacts from 11:09z Sunday to 18:12z Sunday with the IC-703. Had a 3 hour gap in there from 13:18 to 16:03. 10 & 15 were shite.

Didn't bother to stay/operate at the usual FD site. Too much rain for me. Hats off to the others who stayed. Hope they did well.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

I didn't get to make it to the sites which extended me an invite, due to having to change the car's spark plug wires...in the friggin' rain...which was NOT fun.

The station adhered to the KISS principle: Low power (10w and under), wire antennas, paper logs. Of course, the huge 6M opening of Sunday morning went unworked due to lack of GOOD (steerable, horizontally polarized) antennas.

Best treats of the event were the unsolicited comments regarding 'big' signal levels and audio - then afterwards relating to the ops what I was running.

One future goal is to completely isolate the '130V, '660 and a couple other rigs of similar power class from AC mains dependency. Battery bank of 200-300AH, charge controller, wind/solar and an ISO-Power strip to interface with the dedicated RigRunner strips. I may keep the PS-20s wired through the ISO-Power module for float charging duties in the dead of winter. No sun + no wind = no juice.

IMAG0416.jpg
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."