Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Field Day thread

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by wa6mhz View Post
    I LIKE THAT!!! I prefer to do a paper log and then do the DUPE SHEET later but they have these DARN COMPUTERS they want us to use. I still log on a yellow tablet and let the guy on the computer try to transcribe the contacts I made.
    Dupe checking is so easy in 'MM, I can't imagine going back to a time when that wasn't available. It slows down rate so much...
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Since I have to work, I'm going to miss Field Day this year for the first time since I got my ticket. But living in the extreme SW corner of the country confers a significant advantage during a US/Canada-only event: if you use a properly-aimed antenna with a reasonably wide main lobe, you don't need to be able to rotate it. This is why Moxons work so well here.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 06-23-2015 at 04:40 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

We're expecting massive rain and thunder for the weekend. I was considering moving the shack to the back yard. We will see what the weather brings us.
    If I operate 120vac in the back yard, what would that make me (FD rules wize)?

Sorry. We're not allowed to watch the original music video in the United States because blah blah blah.

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    1D
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

I plan to get the K2 out and operate battery power to my vertical in the backyard. Ice cold adult beverages will be consumed.

Jason N8XE
    "Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense." - Carl Sagan

Thanks and help this doofus out. Whould I be my callsign plus 1D?

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Thanks and help this doofus out. Whould I be my callsign plus 1D?
    KG4CGC 1D SC
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Forum Addict
    And other 1Ds might get a little pissy if you work them, because it's no points. But whatever.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    KG4CGC 1D SC
    Thank You. You'd think I had done this before but no. I sat in on a couple of FDs years ago but did not get OTA. I brought drinks.

Forum Addict
    That's crucial!
    Jim