Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The move

My folks live in AZ. Too hot and crowded for me where they live, but they like it. Colorado suits me. However, Maine is great, and I've enjoyed the hell out of my visits there.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Well, the update is the best news we've had in years...the VA approved the loan for the full selling price. Im not sure how that happened, but the buyer is an Air Force officer, he may have some pull with someone on the inside because he was talking like he wasnt going to have to hear the word 'no' at any point. He even told us he was spending the closing cost (which we will definitely cover) on flooring. All the appraiser wanted us to do is have a hood vent installed...hell, i did that myself in a half hour! A termite inspection, done. ...also weird in the desert, but whatever, it was over quick. Some papers to e-sign then wait for close of escrow.

Its is all but done...we are finally breaking free of the place we dread waking up to everyday. We anticipate an august departure and haul ass across country because we have to beat the renter influx that happens around that time up there. But soon we will be Mainers!
    Last edited by N7YA; 07-03-2015 at 02:32 AM.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Congrats to the good news ;)
    Hope everything else will go so good as well.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Basically...but add in there ones dignity, articles of clothing, vomit and clean bill of health for ones genitals...and maybe your car too.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    Basically...but add in there ones dignity, articles of clothing, vomit and clean bill of health for ones genitals...and maybe your car too.
    Hell, that was my senior year in high school.

Very nearly in that order, too...

:yum:
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

You lost all that in high school? Partay!

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    Well, the update is the best news we've had in years...the VA approved the loan for the full selling price. Im not sure how that happened, but the buyer is an Air Force officer, he may have some pull with someone on the inside because he was talking like he wasnt going to have to hear the word 'no' at any point. He even told us he was spending the closing cost (which we will definitely cover) on flooring. All the appraiser wanted us to do is have a hood vent installed...hell, i did that myself in a half hour! A termite inspection, done. ...also weird in the desert, but whatever, it was over quick. Some papers to e-sign then wait for close of escrow.

Its is all but done...we are finally breaking free of the place we dread waking up to everyday. We anticipate an august departure and haul ass across country because we have to beat the renter influx that happens around that time up there. But soon we will be Mainers!
    Long process, eh? Glad to hear you are getting everything wrapped up.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

So, Adam, are these new people gonna come pick us up and go to dinner?

What's their phone number?

Are they prompt?

Can they pick a good place to eat at?

Do they play in a band that is so good that the wife gets hannered with the drinks served at the facility during the show?

If the answer is NO to any of the above questions, then I cannot condone this crazy move that has been imprinted in your mind. I just can't do it.

"Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    So, Adam, are these new people gonna come pick us up and go to dinner?

What's their phone number?

Are they prompt?

Can they pick a good place to eat at?

Do they play in a band that is so good that the wife gets hannered with the drinks served at the facility during the show?

If the answer is NO to any of the above questions, then I cannot condone this crazy move that has been imprinted in your mind. I just can't do it.

It doesnt hurt to ask....

The guy is a pilot rated for heavy jets and drones, if anyone can pick you guys up, its him!

I dont know his number, we communicate through our agents.

Prompt is likely his middle name...he IS an officer, afterall.

He is new to the city, i may need to update him on the best places.

I dont think he is a musician, so you guys might be screwed there. The band will still be here, and if my replacement is who i think it is, he is killer!

You MUST condone it, Bob...the great spirit calls us and we must answer!

....yes, we will look forward to seeing you for Lobster Fest 2016. :)