Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An oldie but goodie repost:

An oldie but goodie repost:

This video still creeps me out. I fell off of an 80' tower when I was younger. Ok, I was only 3' off the ground, but it still was a scary experience.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

"gided" tower???
    Scott - NØIU
    http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv124/scottaschultz/iub.jpg
    President - National Sarcasm Society
    "Like we need your support!"

Master Navigator
    Takes a special kind of crazy.

Used to climb utility poles as a CATV tech. Did it for years until I burned one and had to go to the emergency room to have a splinter about half the diameter of a pencil taken out of my right forearm (still have the scar). Since then, I'm not as comfortable with vertical climbing as I used to be.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 06-04-2015 at 10:48 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

It's odd. (as opposed to even) I didn't mind climbing the radio towers at the stations I worked for, until we had kids. Then, for some reason, I was a firm believer in the adage of "never climb any higher than you are willing to fall". Of course this was around the time one of my friends was killed when he fell off a 300' TV tower. His dad was the CE at the same TV station his son worked at.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Forum Addict
    I've been 100' up a friend's, and that's as high as I'd go harnessed. The club has a repeater at 1000' that I've been up to, but it has an elevator and a platform.

When I own a home and have a tower, it'll be retractable and no higher than 60' or so. Guyed towers worry me.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Damn, I get shaky at the top of a 10' ladder.

Heights used to terrify me. I have gotten much better about it. I hated going up in high buildings with lots of glass, i always imagined that the glass would magically pop out and a huge hand would grab me and throw me down the side. I used to frame houses, but wouldnt walk the top plate until the subflooring went in, hanging hurricane straps was challenge enough! I could do it now, for some reason, i just dont have that same scared feeling like i did before.

But the video you just subjected me to?? Bugger all that!!
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Like the avatar shows, this chicken is happy on the ground! Yeah I'm chicken shat!
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

I shat just watching this! seriously, you know that feeling when even your balls get scared and want to go run and hide in the house? yeah, that!
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.