Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I need a good Ten-Tec guy.

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    An interesting bit in the Swap section of QTH, posted a few days ago. Guess T-T cannot provide repair parts - specifically, the CPU - for an Orion. If the same can be said for the O-II or the Omni VII...things don't look good.
    The Orion (or O1) was killed when the manufacturer discontinued the CPU. I know TT stockpiled some at the time... that's under the original ownership, of course, not the current group of shmendricks... but sooner or later, they were going to run out.

The Orion II (O2) replaced the O1 with a lot of improvements, minor and major. The big difference was that the O2 had the newer CPU that replaced the discontinued one. And then, a few years later, the same thing happened. Now, why TT didn't come out with an O3 is another story.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

ADI SHARC Processors for the FDP. Still available in later versions. ADI is still in business. I don't know crapola about them, but why the hell couldn't the new versions emulate the old?

My Pegasus uses an older ADI processor. The Ten Tecs also used Motorola (now Freescale) Dragonball processors. So, same question there. These seem to be the discontinued ones. Now the Freescale stuff is done with ARM controllers. Is this the "fork" that hit the toaster?

Like wow man. Is this a new "angle" for preservation?

Like the DDS kits for VFO/PTO replacement? :chin:
    Last edited by WØTKX; 10-28-2015 at 11:10 PM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Based on what I just read here, a good programmer worth his/her salt could build a app based around using an old android phone as a processor.

Calling N2CHX... Oh wait, she needs to make money and hams are too cheap.

The "planned" obsolescence of technology.

Boy! Man! God! Shit!

You Enjoy Myself.

Start at 8:30 if you can't handle the whole EPIC jam.

Catch the trampoline jamming at 10:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onq0yTA-J_M

Last edited by WØTKX; 10-31-2015 at 03:25 PM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman