Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WB5YDK--Are you okay?

WB5YDK--Are you okay?

Bad gang violence in Guadalajara these days. It's aimed mostly at the government—they actually shot down an Army helicopter with an RPG—and rival gangs but bystanders sometimes get hurt in this sort of thing.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 05-08-2015 at 06:35 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I saw that on the news today. I hope he is okay, too.

Man, how the hell do you deal with a group like that? The Mexican police are out gunned and it sounds like the military isn't doing much better. This whole cartel thing is really out of control, and I don't know if there are enough non corrupted militia available get the job done. I can't believe the numbers of people killed, often brutally, in drug related incidents in Mexico every year. And not just in the cartels, but media, civilians; they will kill anyone that will messes with them and put the fear of God into anyone who wants to try.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Hate to say it, but the cartel troubles in Mexico are the result of American anti-drug laws. When a government tries to legislate morality by making it illegal to obtain something that people badly want, the result is that those people find a way to get it anyway and, in the process, they make a bunch of very unsavory people very rich.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Man, how the hell do you deal with a group like that?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf5y0HAzg3w
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    I saw that on the news today. I hope he is okay, too.

Man, how the hell do you deal with a group like that?
    With this...

Last edited by n2ize; 05-09-2015 at 05:44 AM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Hate to say it, but the cartel troubles in Mexico are the result of American anti-drug laws. When a government tries to legislate morality by making it illegal to obtain something that people badly want, the result is that those people find a way to get it anyway and, in the process, they make a bunch of very unsavory people very rich.
    All kidding aside this is so true. But don't expect those prohibition laws to end anytime soon. This country is too busy worrying about whether or not gay people should be allowed to marry.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Prohibition won't end any time, never mind soon, and God hates gays has nothing to do with it. I guess I have to remind you again that there is more money in prohibition than taxation and the war OF drugs like everything else is money driven. Atomics are too messy leaving all that fallout around but there's a way to kill (sic) two birds with one stone. A good carpet bombing with cluster bombs would solve the cartel problem and the illegal immigration problem all in one shot. All you need is love, love of God and country, and a place in your heart for LGBTs if you're not an arzhole.

Now that my tongue is out of my cheek, the place that needs carpet bombing more is Washington only MOABs are a better choice. Level it and install a new government that makes sense in a capitol city befitting it, Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love as it once was and needs be again.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Geeeeeeeez ........ MOAB's,cluster bombs, thermonuclear weapons.......what a violent group! frankly,the good old days were better when simple napalm was used......fire......it has that natural feeling of renewal!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Bad gang violence in Guadalajara these days. It's aimed mostly at the government—they actually shot down an Army helicopter with an RPG—and rival gangs but bystanders sometimes get hurt in this sort of thing.
    Yes sir...... I keep seeing ads in the local newspaper for cut rate deals and low,low rates on flights and vacation packages to this part of Mexico and Mexico in general.......I'm afraid they are at the point of ".......they couldn't pay me enough money to go to Mexico!" :shock:
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Master Navigator
    It's all part and parcel of the war on rugs!